View Single Post
Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 07-14-2016, 11:11 PM

On Tuesday I finally got around to playing the third chapter of the new Kings Quest game and it was all about how King Graham met Queen Valanice. It was so cute and nostalgic I am officially dead and now writing this as a reanimated corpse. Seriously that game is doing such a good job of capturing what made the original games good while reinventing it in new and exciting ways. My childhood self is more than pleased.

Last night I ended up hanging out with some of my Off Season Squad. We never get to see each other because we got separated into different kitchens and summer has a habit of tearing people apart because everyone is so busy. Appropriately we spent part of our time sprawled on the floor telling each other how much we miss being together. Then we tried to Think Positive by talking about how hard we're gonna Friendship once the summer is over. All the movie and game nights. All the Girls Night Outs. We also ended up having some much needed serious conversations because we're all at such unique points in our lives and it's kinda great knowing I have these people in my life.

Today we finished work way too early and so we were kind of at a loss of how to fill up the rest of our day. (Honestly my team has gotten too good at their jobs it's crazy). We eventually just made a five layer cake and doused the thing in sprinkles because why not. When my breakfast shift partner and I got off we decided to give the abomination to the first campers who went "Is that a cake?" We then proceed to get coffee and watch the campers share the cake with everyone who passed by. They managed to eat about half of it before the temptation became too great and they shoved it in one of their counselor's face. Ah, to be a camper again.