View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 06-13-2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Adela Talonn
"Perhaps I am in a generous mood? Who's to say? Though I will say it will take some time before I feel so generous as to care for flattery. It is easy to miss the mark, when the 'mark' could care not care less." She responded vaguely, already a little bored of the conversation or so it would seem as she stared out at the fountain with no particular expression. She watched a few more butterflies having gathered with the first at the fountain and one sleek eyebrow raised in reaction. Her eyes on the butterfly, though her mind was still momentarily on the elf. He was indeed being stubborn, though he seemed more interested in a mental challenge then actual flirtation. Just what did he count as winning she wondered...Back home it would have ended with a silver slit throat. Still, winning wasn't the point for her, freedom and survival just happened to go with winning in the end. So instead of his challenge she focused on the butterfly as his peaceful wit did not quite suit any of her 'games'.

Without a word she stood and headed towards the fountain, a puzzled looking Iri left in her wake. She walked gracefully enough many would miss the small hint of her inner predator, but it was there in each cat-quiet step. She paused at the edge of the stone creation to gaze at the butterflies and sniff the air. Honey... someone had spilled a little honey and clearly shaped in a heart. So that one had left her a 'greeting' to show his desire to play one of her games. It was enough that therians would recognize it as a less then loving symbol but instead a warning from a feared 'prince' that could make many quake, due to how he threw his lovers violently away. Being who she was Adela merely laughed and released a single claw which she used to draw the honey down the center to form a 'break'. She then swished the claw in the water briefly as she watched the butterflies fly away from instinctive fear from the predator they sensed in her.

"I hope there's nothing in my room, those sheets were a gift. I'd have to send him a bill.." She murmured to herself with a bit of a smirk. The letter she had received at Iri's had made her expect something like this. Then again, with the 'prince's' silly gloating the last day of the prior term it had been only a matter of time. He didn't like how a mere 'woman' was getting one over on his brethren, so was going to prove she was just lucky. At least that had been the gist of what he said, minus the more colorful language. She retracted her claw as she thought absently she would welcome the opportunity to quite literally break his heart. He was the type to not quit until one of them was dead. Oh well... She just hoped the dear fairy wouldn't get too involved. With her task done of confirming her suspicions while the elf could be trusted to keep anyone too dark from approaching Iri, she returned to the bench without a word.

Quote:
Iris 'Iri' Tien
Iri had been uncertain for a moment as the two talked, very aware that something was lost in transmission for her. She had felt this way during the summer too when 'ela had received a letter. It had sounded all very pretty from what few words she'd caught and was in such elegant hand-writing... but adela had merely laughed when she'd asked if it was a friend. She might have asked further but then Adela had distracted her with questions about her sheets. They were a form of 'fay silk' her village specialized in so she had been easily able to fall to pride and say all about them. She was no closer to figuring out Adela's intent as she talked to the elf only to stand and walk towards the fountain.

"Hmm? I'm not sure Adela cares what anyone thinks. She's called school a game... though she wouldn't explain what she meant. " She responded at first to what he said and appeared rather puzzled. She wasn't sure she understood why it would bad for the school to think it had been easy. Maybe it would get swarms of people wanting to go to her house? But people didn't seem to like Adela that much..... she wasn't sure why. Still, as Adela stepped away she realized she did have an opportunity. She could at least find out if she was missing the flirting.

"Hey.... um.... do you ..... like... adela? I mean..." She asked the question nervously as she blushed and then attempted to clarify only to go silent within moments out of embarrassment. It was too embarrassing to try and ask it more directly. He could beleive she was asking about friendship if she went silent now right? But, but her blushing and nervousness would give it away surely..... Oh dear. She started to say something about being having to go and flee when Adela had already turned. She couldn't help but wonder if the other heard her ask and her head dipped forward. As she did so 'Ela reached over and patted her head while saying 'good kitty'. This was a joke that had evolved over the summer due to a misplaced comment by Iri's parents so the fairy laughed, a soft bell like sound. She smiled a bit at Adela and began to relax a little as she peered up at the elf almost apologetically.

((yes xD Adela's going to have a little game going between a therian mixed npc guy xD. It'll be harmless, except to the guy, unless other characters choose to involve themselves. ^.^ )