Thread: To Be Human
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 AM

"Oh, shit this place is creepy." Tim shuddered as they drove down the two-lane road, following Jake's printed directions and bumping along in the road. Jake wasn't looking at them anymore, though---he was fanning himself with the papers, sighing when the warm air from the vents hit him. Tim had drawn the line at putting the passenger side window down for Jake to lean out of. Tim was in a thin but insulated denim jacket and still had the collar pulled up high, another hat pulled low over his black hair.

"I'm more interested in the location, not the means to get there." Jake said after a while, puffing out a breath and sliding down in the seat, shifting the bag at his feet.

"God, this is some serial killer shit, Jake, you can't be serious about this..."

"Look, I get the guy or girl or whatever it is. They want a quiet place to live. I want a quiet place to live."

Tim rolled his eyes. "Well... what are you gonna do after this?"

"Dunno. Might head out. Find a good place... I'm not sure." Jake sighed a little as the car came to a stop and he looked around. "Not bad."

"Not good." Tim mumbled.

"Good God, Tim, settle down." Jake grabbed his bag and opened the door, relishing the beautiful cool air that met him, smelling of woods, of gentle frost that had yet to melt away. "Get going, I'll be fine."

"Sure?"

"Sure I'm sure." Jake smiled, masking his worry, and stood up straight. "I'll be back soon enough. Might even call for a ride when it's over." Tim smiled a bit, and Jake returned it, closing the door and not watching as he backed down the road to make a turn and stepped up to the door. He breathed, and pressed the doorbell.