Thread: To Be Human
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 AM

He was alone for a while, and that gave him time to think. What the hell was he even doing here? Tim was right, in a vague way. But he was always worried about something. Jake had known him long enough to be aware of that, and painfully so. He didn't have too much time to dwell, however, as Goldberg returned with papers. He took them with a nod, digging in his pocket to find a pen---he didn't often keep them in his pockets because they would leak or burst because of his body heat, but this one was manufactured to endure extreme temperatures, and he was glad for that. Lying out the papers, he scanned them and began marking. There was the usual, name, age, birthdate, blood type, allergies, history of illness, allergens. He was quiet, answering them gradually.

Then odd ones appeared. Opinion-based questions. What was his physical endurance? It had a number chart from one to ten. He marked high. Then temperature tolerance. He hated, absolutely hated heat. He could handle it, but barely. It was hard to deal with. He loved the cold, could handle far colder temperatures than anyone else around him, really. His opinions on animals, strong and weak. There was a number chart from one to five, with one being the strongest and five being the weakest. He furrowed his brow, putting the pen between his lips and drawing it in and out while he thought. A tiger was very strong. Maybe a lion. A big cat or dog, either of those. And what was weakest? A butterfly, no doubt. A hummingbird. What else? He never really thought about it.

Sighing at his answers, Jake spit out the pen and pocketed it again, scooping up the papers and taking them to the open door down the hallway. "Um... I'm not sick, no." He said as a delayed reply from earlier. "I'm just very... very hot natured." He grimaced, stepping into the room and handing the papers over. Goldberg took them with a smile and Jake shifted uncomfortably. "I'm... not sure what the point of those... other questions..." He indicated the later pages.