Thread: The Artifice
View Single Post
keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 12-03-2011, 08:05 AM

While purusing the room, Mike spotted the chinese delivery girl enter the bar. She reminded him of some of the young females who entered into the navy at boot camp. Her walk suggested that she was more mature than most; she had none of the usual bubbliness that accoumpanied most girls of that age. She seemed frustrated about something. Mike watched her start to deliver the mountain of chinese food to the stoner and continued scanning the room.

The next thing Mike spotted was one of the windows to the bar. He had noticed that the window was tinted, even though he swore that it was not tinted before. While puzzling on this, he remembered that they always had been tinted. He must have been mistaken a second earlier. I am going crazy... Mike then looked down at his cell phone, and noticed an outgoing call. He put the phone to his ear.

"Hello? This is Golden Panda. Can I help you?"

Mike thought for a moment. He could swear he didn't make the call, but something was compelling him to keep the chinese delivery girl here. He couldn't have seen the restaurant name on her uniform from there, but he somehow knew that that was her restaurant.

"My name is Gregory Heathcliffe from the Federal Beaurau of Equal Opportunity Employment. I was wondering, do you currently know of the law that states that staff under the age of sixteen be given accomodations and pay equal to that of their 18 year old counterparts? Yes? Well, then you will have no problem with me interviewing this young lady making deliveries at The Resort, do you? You will have to cover her shift for the rest of the night. Thank you." Click. Mike had barely let the man get a word in. He then, while still being aware of the gunman's presence, started moving in a casual manner towards the delivery girl. Something is going on. How did he know the name of the chinese restaurant? Was that window tinted before or not? How had he pulled off such a good health inspector impersonation on such a short notice? Mike had a lot of questions, and not a whole lot of answers.