Thread: Worlds Apart
View Single Post
NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 01:36 AM

Nathaniel's heart sunk slightly. "But... I can't stay here knowing aliens are real and there are more out there... Beyond the Moons..." His head fell and his ears drooped. "I really want to come... My family wouldn't care if I disappeared... I'm basically an outcast anyway..." He felt tears forming in his eyes and he sniffed, wiping his face and turning away. The others had filled their crates and were eager to get back to their ship. Nathaniel led them back, his arms flaccid at his sides as he walked. He didn't talk Garrison's ear off this time, and left his side once they were safely back at the ship. He cried as he returned to the trees, watching them slowly reloading their ship. Garrison looked around for him, but Nathaniel made sure to hide behind the tree this time.

In a second of quick thinking, Nathaniel crept along the ground and found a somewhat empty box. He crawled inside it, hiding under the fruit as it was lifted from the ground. He could hear the various grunting of the men lifting the box, and his heart pounded in his chest. Would his plan work? He could faintly hear a man talking to Garrison, explaining about how the blockage had been fixed and that it was nearing dawn. Even though the moons remained in the sky, Nathaniel imagined the blackness of daytime changing the red sky. He thought about his family, about his mother and father and brothers and sister. He would miss them, but promised to return home once he had seen the universe.