Thread: Worlds Apart
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-27-2014, 01:51 AM

Garrison sighed, turning his gaze down. It was rare he felt guilty for something but Nathaniel, this cute little thing, seemed to be misplaced on his very home planet. He wasn't even with his kind during a ceremony. But he couldn't just let a local onto his ship at a request, or he would have ten times the crew he had now on the galleon. There were tests to endure, yes, to make sure one's eyesight, health, and mentality was in check and they had enough money and resources to handle the vast trips between worlds and galaxies.

He chewed on his lip while they headed back, and he sent the men into the galley storeroom. He looked around for the young man but didn't see him. A hand fell onto his shoulder and Garrison startled, looking around to Addias. "Hey, hey... What's the read?"

"Block's gone. It was a buildup of fouled coolant. We're gonna replace the filters when we dock in Bespar."

"Sounds good..." Garrison looked back to the trees, touching the translator in his ear.

"You okay?" Addias asked, looking around. "What's got you distracted?"

"Nothing. get that last crate up and into the hold, it's a bit too crowded in the galley storeroom."

"Sure thing." Addias bent down and hefted the crate. "Good God, this thing's heavy! How much do these fruits weigh!?"

"I thought you were a bull, Addias!" Garrison pushed him up the gangplank, and followed him. "I'll get the guys moving on starting up the engines---I guess it's better not to waste time and just get our asses moving."