View Single Post
Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM

((I might as well start something, so I'll be playing Louis & Marie as well as my character.))

(as Marguerite) She greeted the throngs of guests and urged them to enjoy themselves. Unfortunately, as the last guests were shuffled into the room, the trumpets played and one of the male courtiers announced the arrival of the King and Queen of France.

(male courtier) "Madames et messieurs, his majesty, King Louis XVI and her majesty, Queen Marie Antoinette. Please rise." He tapped the floor twice with his cane as doormen opened the doors and the royal couple entered the hall.

Marie Antoinette had a smile on her face, excited to see the festivities going on. The King, on the other hand, kept a serious face, as he was meant to do in his status. They stood in the center of the room and the musicians stopped as the King made a gesture.

"People of France! The Queen and I welcome you to our Grand Royale Ball in the hope that you will enjoy yourselves here at Versailles Palace. We wish you all a wonderful summer here, and please help yourselves to the buffet made specially by our trained chefs," he said.

Marguerite led Their Majesties to their seats front row of the stage, and hurried onto the stage itself when she was ready. "Your Majesties, we are here for your entertainment, so prepare for a dazzling delight of theatrical ability!" Her arms were raised in the air as the curtain ascended to reveal a stunning backdrop of a garden. She motioned to the male courtier to procure some guests that will be acting, and he took the arms of one lady and one lord, pulling them over to the stage.

((This is where you guys start!))