View Single Post
numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2017, 11:03 AM

Thank You! And Merry Christmas Eve yourself!

I'll get started with the stories... This is one from a D&D campaign I DM'd, not played in. I set up a scenario with no idea how the players were going to get out of it, and/or survive the encounter intact. They been defeating everything I threw at them a little too handly, and I wanted to give a challenge....

So, let me introduce the cast...

PCs:
Caelyn: A chaotic good half-drow cleric of Blurah (Goddess of Comfort from Sorrow, domains Light and Life) raised by her human mother until their homestead was attacked, she fled at her mother's command to the nearby temple, who took her in as an acolyte. She believed her mother dead.

Kaz: A chaotic neutral tiefling sorceress with draconic ancestry.

Tiern: A true neutral dragonborn assasin. He became an assasin after his entire clan was murdered before his eyes as a child and an important magical relic stolen.

NPCs:

Septimus and Darius: Two brothers, and Caelyn's husbands. Yes, polyandry ended up being legal in the setting, although it didn't start that way. That's another story....

Liam: A Wizard, best friend to Septimus.

Madame Xilton: Caelyn's grandmother, ruler of House Xilton, and the largest city in the underdark in this setting. She had one son, but complications made further children impossible. She wants Caelyn to be her heir.

Trill: A Drow. First Consort to Madame Xilton.

The Story. The party was in the middle of pitched battle when Caelyn recieved frantic messages from her husbands. They had woken up with their hands tied above their heads, blind folded. Madame Xilton made her presence known to them, and demand Caelyn turn herself over in return for their continued safety. She also claimed to have the artifact stolen from Torin's clan, and stated that Caelyn's mother was not dead, and that Caelyn could negotiate for her safety.

The party managed to extract themselves from their current battle, but didn't have time for more then a short rest... So they agreed to teleport to where the prisoners were being held, using a familiar item of Septimus's. They got there, managed to trick Madame Xilton into arrangeing things so that they were favorable for a quick snatch and grab while fast talking her into thinking that Caelyn was considering becoming her heir. Then Liam grabbed Septimus, Darius, and Caeylyn and teleported out. Kaz grabbed Torin, and the relic, teleported to Caelyn's mother, who's location she'd seen once through a scrying mirror, then grabbed her as well, and teleported out. I was pleased and amazed by their ingenuity (and dice rolls.)