View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 11-22-2014, 08:18 PM

He looked at her, taking in her appearance carefully. Maybe she needed medical help? There was little chance he could find someone to help her in this world, but maybe the next. She did look rather awful and put his small offering aside. Would she get sick and start throwing up in corner or something? Then her expression changed from helplessness edging on despair to anger. Mentally, Ryan sighed and braced himself. He would weather this, get them out of here and then they would never have to see each other again.

But as the girl got up, dressed herself and began cussing at him, he found his patience running thinner and thinner. For God's sake, he was damn tired, after risking his life for her. More than f***ing once. Ryan's jaw clenched, his hands clutching the armrest of his chair tightly and it wasn't until crack of old wood under his left hand's grip that he realized how much force he was putting into his hold. He let it go immediately, eyes focusing on few wooden shreds falling to floor, his mind playing over all those times he gripped the blonde tightly. Had he ever held Sophie with such force? But more importantly, what he wouldn't give for her to stop shouting!

Suddenly, Ryan stood up and stepped closer to the girl, eyes intense and chin jutted out. His tone was low, with dangerous edge to it, anger simmering very close to the surface. "Listen up! You can hate me all you want, won't be the first and won't be the last person to do so, but right now, I am the only thing standing between you and getting back in that goddamn place! If you can pop over to another dimension, fine, go ahead, but until then, yes, I am standing guard so all the effort I put in this isn't wasted! Of course, you're also bloody welcome to continue shouting and attract everyone's attention so they get on our trail sooner!"

As if on cue, he heard vehicles turning around corner and practically jumping to window, his fear was confirmed. "F***ing hell," he cursed, not even trying to filter out his speech. Albino man grabbed water bottle and bar of chocolate, throwing it in backpack while he hurriedly spoke to her: "You can choose now: to stay here and return in the lab, take your chances and flee on your own or come with despicable me until I find a spot I can take us away from this world. Don't worry, I will go on my merry way from there, I have better things than listen to your insults." Ryan was now standing in front of her. "So, which is it?"

If Sophie said or showed she'd be going with him, he glanced out of the window again, relieved that it seemed the search party didn't quite know which house they were in, but it wouldn't take them long for sure. And maybe they'd just go for blowing him up from distance, like he was pretty sure they could. Then, he rushed out of apartment, dragging Sophie along and out on fire escape, down it and down an alley way, glancing at his bracelet what seemed every few seconds. It wouldn't be far, thankfully, and so he ran as fast as he could, with his injured leg and most uncomfortable baggage there could be.

Last edited by sadrain; 11-22-2014 at 08:22 PM..