ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-31-2010, 03:48 PM

I have written you a story!
Username: Emiko_Firecaster
Title:
submission prize: any bag but orange
Submission:

SPOILERX

Um does anyone else feel that?" Looking back Mark couldn't help shivering as the ghastly faces of his friends stare back at him in shock.

"Feel what?" the voice belonged to the scaredy cat of the group.

Mark frowned. He could clearly feel something on his arm, clinging to the hairs on his arms and dragging as he moved. Shining his light at it he was relieved to see that it was merely a spider web that had brushed his forearm.

Sighing slightly in agitation, he motioned for the rest of the students to follow him before continuing on. "Alicia, can you come up her a moment?" Motioning for her to move forward he spoke in a slightly hushed tone. "Hey there should be a room up ahead... can you check it out?"

Alicia after nodding moved up past Mark, rewarding him with a good view of her backside, something that Mark wasn't going to mention. Alicia, popping out of sight to check the room, was only moments before she popped back up, and motioning it was safe, signaled that the rest of them should come, quickly.

Mark lead the rest of the group inside where after receiving a helping hand down from Alicia, turned around and helped the rest, while the ones already down started to explore the room for supplies.

Flash backs happen all the time, but it was a first for Mark as he sat down to take a moments break that he had one about the events leading up to where they were now.

:1 HOUR EARLIER:

"Hey Mark, hurry up!" His elementary friend, Alicia teased as she ran backwards ahead of him. "We're going to be left behind!" Smiling Mark broke into a light jog, catching up to Alicia quickly, then, when she turned to run along side, the rest of the group. They had come to visit the hospital as med students, the teacher wanting them to "see how doctors worked."

Marked was quick to dodge one of the doctors as they came flying out of the room, but wasn't quite quick enough to dodge the intern that came out almost right after. This resulted in a big crash, and a lot of cussing as both he and the intern fell into the back of the group, knocking about half the group down. Turns out that that saved their lives, as the teacher, not caring that the students had gone down, continued on with the rest of the class about 50 feet, before a horrendous tearing sound filled the air.

Mark could only watch in amazement as the hallway where the teacher was walking less then a second ago, was suddenly filled with collapsing dirt, walls, and roof, and more groaning filled the air, as the walls around them groaned from the weight above them.

The intern running off was killed by a bit of falling roof when he ran from the pile. The rest of the kids, Mark included were a bit lucky as part of the floor collapsed dumping the kids into a maintenance shaft below them.

:PRESENT TIME:

"Hey Mark, no time for sleeping, we need to figure out what to do" Alicia's worried tone brought mark back to the present as she gently shook him.

"Huh? Oh! Right, sorry lost in thought for a moment there" Mark apologized for his lack of focus before sitting down with the rest of his class mates. Hope teacher made it out ok...Mark had one last thought before he got down to the business at hand. "Ok, first we need a leader, so that if we get stuck down here, we don't become animals. Second.... well we'll get there when we get there. Any volunteers for leadership?" As one one of the girls raised there hands Marks eyes cut to her "Yes? you want to be leader, Sheena?"

Sheena shook her head and looked at Mark, "Actually? No. I was going to suggest that you become leader."

Mark couldn't help the frown that crossed his features. "why me?"

Sheena smiled as if Mark had asked her a simple question, "Because, you have kept your head in this situation so far, not to mention no one else, as far as I know, wants to become the leader, so why not you?"

Sheena's words had surprised mark, as well as everyone's heads bobbing in agreement, even Alicia's. "Very well, if that's what you want... then ok...." Mark was still a little hesitant but he accepted it with a shrug.

That done, Mark, the appointed leader looked around and was surprised, as was everyone else, by a dog sitting in the middle of the room. "Well, hello boy." He greeted the dog "How did you get in here?" Moving toward the dog he couldn't help but notice that it looked like a wolf, nor the fact that the wolf just seemed to sit there, and didn't pounce on any of them.

Moving closer to it he spotted a name tag with the name shino ryouken. Not thinking anything of the name, Mark merely patted the thing on the head. "Wonder how he got in here... think he could lead us out of here?" Asking the group he was surprised when the dog got up and walked over to a pile of rocks and pawed at it. Shrugging he walked over to it and started to move the rocks with his hands and is surprised when a large hole is revealed, a hole large enough for them all to pass through. leaping up the group gathered around and cleared out the tunnel quickly. "alright, shall we continue then?" at everyone's nod he lead the way into the tunnel.

The group continued to follow the dog through the tunnel, and through various other collapsed tunnels and vents for the next fifty minutes until they were on the bottom floor, and the door way was in sight. At this point the group broke and ran for the door to be greeted by an crowd of ambulances, and rescue teams.

It only took a second for some of the group to realize the dog was not with them, and turning to look back they were surprised that the dog remained sitting in the door way. walking back towards the dog, the group was surprised to see a pale figure join the dogs side. as they stood dumbfounded they could only stare on as the man disappeared followed by the dog.

It wasn't until many years later, when searching for the name of the dog he had seen that Mark stumbled upon an article about a man who had died in the hospital in an earthquake in 1985, and the dog who stayed by his side the entire time.

Final notes: actually? it was your phrase,
Quote:
"I felt something touch my arm"
I posted that as the beginning and the story just seemed to form, as if my fingers were a medium for the words to pass through to form a story.

Last edited by emiko_firecaster; 11-06-2010 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: added the submission prize bit after i submitted my story