View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-09-2015, 01:45 PM

There was no need to knock for his roommate was already sweeping him into the apartment. The two were renting a place just off campus that fit their budget. For what they paid, they really had a steal of a deal. It was a two bedroom, two bath place with a large living room and a decent sized kitchen. They shared things like trash and laundry with some other who lived in the same community block. But overall, it was nice. Why, they even had a pool and BBQ area!

Not given a second, the raven Saith lived with, A. Kevlar Bael, was demanding answers about the trending Saith and Mae story. What's she like? How did you meet? Are you asking her to the dance? They were just a few of the ceaseless questions that came from the man's mouth.

"Bro,"
he placed his hands on the man's chest. "Relax. Nothing happened. If something had happened, you'd be the first to know. I just," he rolled his eyes before laughing and diving into the black, plush couch. "She's..." he sighed. "She's different."

"From the way you sigh, I can tell she's different." Lifting the drow's head, Kev shoved a pillow beneath him before scooting to the far side of the couch. "So what happened?"

"As you know, the jocks needed a reminder. So I stole their trophy and they went nuts. Threatened to kill me and everything. Needing to get out of sight, I ducked into a building and before I knew it, I was in a botanical garden." Not interrupting, for Kev knew better, he just listened with chin on hand. "I thought I was alone but before I knew it, she was there. We talked--er, more like she threatened to kick me out--and before I knew it, we were looking at the coy pond." A blush crossed his black cheeks. "I might have been a bit in over my head but I tried to walk to her. Ended up tripping and fell in the pond. Low and behold, there was some poisonous creature in it and I got bit."

Not needing to hear another word more, Kev filled in the rest. "So she, being who she is, took you to the clinic? But," his brows furrowed, "isn't it closed at this hour?"

"We got lucky. Someone was on standby for the EMT squad and they helped direct us. She did all the work. Honestly, they were useless." He lied through his teeth, refusing to share her secret just yet.

"Ha, sounds like EMT!"
Kev ruffled Saith's mess of white hair before laughing again. "Well, I'm glad you're okay. I was worried."

Saith, feeling the passion in his friend's voice, curled his middle finger down to reach his thumb. Then, gracefully, he flicked the raven right in the left ear.

"Ouch!" Kevlar hissed before his hand smacked Saith's flailing arm. "You're a ass, you know that?!"

"And yet you love me," he made kissing noses while trying to lick the man's leg.

"Eh!? Stop it! Freak!"
Squirming, Kev rolled onto the ground and fell right into the bowl of popcorn. In seconds, the little pieces of popped corn were sprawled across the floor and the two were laughing. Joining his friend on the floor, the males sat, head-to-head, with eyes on the ceiling. Slowly, the munched on the day-old popcorn and just sat in silence.

"You going to ask her to the mandatory dance?"

Lips drawn tight, Saith finally sighed in defeat. "I don't think she's into me like that. Don't get me wrong, she's amazing, but I'm not her type."

Kevlar rolled over so he now looked down at the man with blue eyes. Blowing air into Saith's face so the silver fringe moved from his eyes, the raven smiled. "Sounds like someone's in love."

"Love? This soon! Psh, please." Rolling over, he headbutted his roommate. "Besides, love isn't really my thing. I don't want that kind of commitment. Not to mention, she's the school student council president. She can and should do so much better than me. I mean, just look at me? Troublemaker, drow, reject. Why would she ever want someone like this?"

"Oh god," Kev snorted, "enough with the down-talk. You know I hate the pity-party Saith. C'mon man, you're a drow. Aren't you supposed to be badass? Stop acting like a prepubescent human twat."

With a glare, Saith rolled back his lip. "Watch it, bro."

"Bro, seriously. If you like her, then do something nice for her. Just because you've a bad rep doesn't mean you're a bad man. Just because people put you in the light of shame and trouble, doesn't mean you need to stay in it. I know you volunteer on weekends to help the disabled kiddies. I also know you frequent that bar in Chinatown or whatever to help the family make ends meet. I also know you drop 10% of your paycheck into the Drow's Association to help other drows get into this esteemed college. People don't give you the time of day to shine. Maybe she will. Maybe she's the type of woman you need to chase after--not these scantly clad whores who have nothing but sex to their names. At least Lacrimae has something. She's smart, beautiful, graceful. Give her a chance. Give yourself a chance."

Resting a heavy hand on Saith's shoulder, he gave it a good squeeze. "Just be yourself. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, well, you move on."

Blue orbs looking up, Saith smiled. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Besides, I feel like I owe her. She did save my life."

He nodded. "Why not take her to that Chinese place? Might be nice to get her off campus and away from the wandering eyes of the gossip-loving students."

"Good idea! I'll ask her tomo--"

"No, bro, you have to do the three day rule. Ask her in three days."

"Kev, seriously? That's just a lame ass rule. Besides, didn't you just tell me, if I like her, do something? Why wait? Shouldn't I grab this opportunity by the horns and make the most of it in the time I have? Three days from now and she might forget who I am. At least tomorrow, she'll know who I am."

With a shrug, Kevlar rolled from the floor and moved to his bathroom. "Might be onto something. Give it a go. If you think it right, trust that gut of yours. Anyway, it's getting late. Night!"

"Sleep tight," Saith chirped before heading off to bed.

---

Since last night's meeting with his roommate, Kevlar was in an unbelievably good mood. There was nothing that would bring him down. Like always, the roommates eat breakfast together before splitting for the remainder of the day.

"How's the toast?" he asked the man with black skin.

"NEEDS MORE JELLY!" he demanded while spying the raven who was successfully hording all the jelly. "Now give it here, human, before I use my magic on you."

"Pffffffffffff~ Oh, whatcha gonna do? Eyeball me to death?! So scared, soooooo scared." Quivering, he waved a nonexistent white flag and passed the jelly to his roommate. "But seriously, whatcha gonna do. You're all bones and no meat." Making a muscle, he grinned. "See, muscle."

"You know muscle isn't everything," Saith rolled his eyes while lathering the toast with three cartons of jelly. "Besides, you might out-gun me, but I can definitely out run you." Munching on the toast, he smirked. "And you mock the eyes but you know. You know."

If anywhere were eavesdropping, they would likely think the two insane. Truth be told, the insanity was actually legitimate. Saith had a secret and only Kevlar knew about it. Much like Mae who feared being taken away, Saith, too, feared what would happen if his secret was discovered. Thankfully, he had a friend who he trusted undoubtedly.

"So what's on the dock for today?" Saith polished off his toast before moving to the heaping bowl of fruit. "Anything cool?"

"Hmmm, just some practice then classes. OH! Hey, if you're free around 3, you should come by the track. They're going to be announcing the team for this weekend's competition."

"I get out of class at 2:50, so I'll be there. Better save me a good seat," he jeered. "And this time, I would prefer a place not next to the shit pile."

"Eh," Kev shrugged, "can't promise that. But I'll get you in through the back. Can't help if where they poop. You know horses, they've minds of their own. They're like women, only easier to handle."

"Because you use a whip," he smirked.

"You can whip a woman," Kev crossed his arms over his chest.

Nearly spitting out his juice, Saith laughed. "Oh yeah, that's so you. Mr. Grey."

"Busted, I know. I'm just not found of that lifestyle. Nor would I ever whip my Ruine. She's too precious to mar with such tasteless commands for dominance."

With breakfast done, the two swooped in for a quick pat before bouncing away and going about their day. "Remember, get there before 3 so I can sneak you in the back!"

"Same place as last time?" Saith called from over his shoulder.

"You know it!"

---

After breakfast, Kevlar went about his morning routine, training. He went to where all the jocks went and started his usual workout. As soon as he was done running his lap and doing some strength training, he would get out his horse, Ruine, and ride her for a bit before heading off to his late morning class.

However, today was playing out different. Despite the awesome mood he woke with, the day quickly turned sour. Witnessing some jocks ruff up a girl and force her to the ground, the raven found himself seething.

Instantly, he put down the weights and made a bee-line for the jerks that dared play pranks on an innocent woman. Nearly open them, he opened his mouth but only loud enough for the jocks to hear--not the bystanders, who he was completely unaware of.

"Hey, knock it off." Easily able to match their stature, the other jocks turned to him, likely to rattle off some witty retort, but before they could, something else swept them off their feet, literally!

Head falling into the ground, Kev let out a light grunt before trying to see what had been done. He felt like stars were swirling around his head and his eyes were seeing double. Blinking hard, he forced himself to regain composure. Just as he did, a woman, unlike anything he'd ever seen, came into view. Her movements were graceful yet firm. Her body, perfectly crafted to give her the sweet allure of innocence yet it rippled with a steadfast strength of dominance. Everything about this woman was jaw-dropping, right down to the adorable little dots on her face.

Unable to utter anything, he just watched as she and Lacrimae walked off. Most of the guys around him called her vulgar names but Kev? He could only grin from ear to ear. "You're just upset you got your ass handed to you by a woman," he said while dusting off.

"Dumbass, you did too."

"Yeah," Kev whirled around and flashed the man a smile. "And unlike you thugs, I admire her. You treat women like they're something to be won. Whatever happened to being a gentleman? You live by such poor standards? If anything, it is we, the men, that should be won. Were we not created, as a gender, to protect, adore, and love women, should we fall for their grace and perfection?"

At this point, the other jocks were just laughing. Clearly, they weren't buying Kev's romanticized words. Knowing this, Kev snorted before rolling his eyes. "And you wonder why we have a bad reputation." With a snarl, he stepped away and went to seek out his horse. Right now, Ruine was the medicine he needed to calm down.

And then he remembered! He had to text Saith.
DUDEEEEEEEEEEEE

omg whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Saw ur gf

-_-

looks like she's heading toward classside. u should try 2 talk 2 her

Are you stupid? She's giving the foreign exchange student a tour today!

Ohhhhh so that's who she's with. She's cute.

Seriously

Smoking

omg not that

:P

Just ride your horse

shut up and dun tell me what 2 do!

XOXOXOXO

luv u 2

gaaaaay

<3
---

He stared at his phone for god knows how long. "Girlfriend." It's what Kevlar sent him and it really made Saith sweat bullets. Sure, he liked her. Yes, I had every intent on kissing her last night. And yet, he just couldn't picture himself with her. She was so different. So prim and proper. So--

He stopped, nearly running into a pole. "Pay attention, Saith," he chided to himself. "No need to get your head lost in the clouds over something so frivolous. Not like she'll reciprocate the feelings." With a frown, he continued walking to class.

Honestly, Saith had every intention to go straight to class but it looked like fate had another plan. As he was about to open a door, a hand reached out and touched his. Brows furrowing and peeved glimmer in his blue orbs, he snapped toward the owner of said hand. "Can you not see I'm opening the door! What kind of idiot are you? Hell, you should get your eyes checked! And now I have to wash my hands because your soiled, heinous skin touched mine. Ha! Like I would even mingle with a pale skin like you. Why don't you just get lost, mouse."

He had every intention of berating them and giving them a reason to fear him. Only, that didn't happen.

The ferocity in his eyes faded instantly and the growl that should have come, was lost in his breathlessness. Stepping back, he blinked before bashfully turning his head aside, while pulling the door the rest of the way. Gesturing by half bowing and half signaling his hand into the opening, he nodded without making eye contact.

"After you," he whispered to Mae and Silvana.

What were the odds they would go to the same building his classes were in. Sure, the new semester just started but they never had overlap like this. Mae was on a completely different track than he.

Then it hit him, maybe Silvana was the one who had a class in here. That's got to be it, he told himself.

Standing behind the girls, he quickly lunged forward to open the second set of doors. "How are you enjoying the campus thus far?" he asked while standing behind the large, actually heavy door?

Now inside the building, the drow dropped a hand on his hip while the other laid at his side. His eyes danced from sign to sign to find the direction of his classroom. Upon spying it, he saluted the woman and attempted to walk toward class. Only, it was a minefield in there. Everyone was frantically weaving about trying to make it to class before the bell chimed.

Saith, meaning no harm by it, accidentally brushed up against Mae in such as a way that his hand gingerly met the sweet spot on her lower back. Unaware, he flashed the girls a smile before trying to swim through the crowd, again.

"Best of luck," he chimed before rounding the corner and moving toward the class. This was what? Day two of the new semester. To his dislike, Saith was forced into a lore class. It was a mandatory class and he had put it off for long enough.

Entering the room, he noticed a lot of students, each a different species. With an eye-roll, he slumped into the second to last row and took a window seat. This class was going to suck. He just knew it.

---

Despite taking a door to the face, Cain didn't move. Instead, he just smiled gleefully. It was an odd sight to see--man with door in face and a smile on his face.

A few students tried to ask if he was okay but ultimately thought he was either deaf or creepy. And, knowing the door he stood in front of, none of them wanted to help. If he was a creep, then she deserved it! With all her taunting, tormenting, and teasing, Marwo deserved whatever this pink hair lad dished out at her.

When he remained like this late into the night, one of the women on the floor (likely the floor monitor) just had to inquire what he was doing.

"Waiting," he responded polity.

"Waiting for what?" Her voice sounded disgusted, as if waiting for someone was a bad idea. "Why would you wait for her?"

"Why not, mate?" Cain's eyes finally peeled from the door. "Just because she gives off a demonic impression and acts stringent doesn't mean she's incapable of sentiment. I find it's this caliber of individuals that truly defines fulfillment in life. Though some fear her unorthodox crusading, I see no need to shudder at her sight. Woman has something... peculiar about her. Something I desire to inquire more about."

While talking, the woman backed away from the pink haired man ever so slowly. It was evident that there was an unnerving feeling in her. Ultimately, she left and locked the door, caring not for one second if it was against protocol to let a student not of her area stay over. She wanted absolutely knowing to do with the mischievous man.

Slowly turning his gaze back to the door, he let out a yawn before resting his forehead against it. "I don't understand why you lock me out when I know you want to let me in." Looking at his feet, he signed before turning over and resting his back against her door. "But I know my time will come and you'll learn to let me in."

Folding his arms on his knees, he rested his head upon that crossed pattern and closed his eyes. He would attempt to sleep but find it hard to do when he was so caught up in such joyous emotions. Sure, she slammed a door in his face. Yes, she was hard to talk to. But, she did show him her room. She did talk to him, even if a bit. And she did go out of her way to be spiteful to him.

There was a connection between them. Cain could taste the spark, it was right on the tip of his tongue. It was the beat that kept his heart alive.

Everything about her, though mysterious, moved him. He was fascinated by her. She was like a rare gem among a bunch of dull stones. The way she moved was flawless, as if she were floating. Her tone was always spot on and so haughty that it made Cain swoon. And her mind? Oh, don't get him started on that. He loved how maniacal she was. Not in a bad way, either. He just loved how she was so wrapped up in her own rules and ways of life. She was truly free and Cain admired her way of living.

There was a spunk in her that caused his eyes to roll back with pleasure. She was like the perfect specimen to study. He needed to dissect her and learn everything about the woman--how she worked, what made her tick, what made her laugh. Everything and anything. He would gobble it all up until he knew her through and through.

Then, and only then, would he claim victory of her heart. Cain knew that he could try to small talk his way into her heart, but it was futile. Marwo needed more. She needed someone to not only break down her wall, but build up a new one. And Cain? He was bound and determined to be that man.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 06-09-2015 at 06:25 PM..