View Single Post
Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 AM

Miles shifted uncomfortably in the seat. He didn't like the silence that rang through the room, and he didn't like how the Prince seemed to be staring off into space. It nerved him to think that the Prince was so deep in thought that he could stay silent for this long. Miles hated not knowing what was going on in the other man's head--it had always been a pet peeve of his--but he couldn't force the Prince to speak his mind without probably getting some kind of punishment. Hell no, Miles was not going to do anything that was going to get him stuck here longer than he needed to be.

He shifted again when a knock came at the door, tilting his head backwards slightly to watch and old butler of sorts. He noticed the same nervous air around the man that was also around the maid. Maybe this Prince wasn't all too kind after all. His father was a cruel man, one whom Miles wanted to kill endlessly, so would it be that surprising if the Prince was the same? Sure, from the past few minutes or so, he seemed to be nice enough, but Miles knew all too well himself that people could simply put on an act. Hell, he did that every day! He bit his lip slightly, tilting his head back to look at the Prince intensely. For some reason he couldn't see him being cruel, even if the servants were acting like he was. The prince seemed a whole lot kinder than Miles himself, though that wasn't saying much.

"Come with you?" Miles bit back a sigh. All he wanted to do was leave this godforsaken place and go with some other group, a stronger, more reliable one this time. "Why do I need to? Haven't you already said that me and the other--minus the idiot--are "free to go"? Sure you need to announce it, but can't we just leave? We don't need to be there, do we?"

He could hear the annoyance in his own voice. He saw the servant tense up slightly, and Miles couldn't blame him. He knew he was speaking impolitely to the Prince of all people, but quite frankly, he didn't care. And if the Prince had cared even a little bit, then Miles was sure he would have said something earlier. He stood from the seat, not liking being the only one sitting, and crossed his arms, not letting his eyes leave the Prince's.