View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 AM

"No, I am not hurt, don't worry about it. I am the one that is at fault anyway. You can't control it yet, I think," Corynn smiled at her, although it didn't seem like Nixie would see or register it. Poor girl. She knew Caleb would have liked to apologize, but such words rarely ever left his lips. Both of Moores were very bad at admitting they were wrong or had done something bad. They had had to apologize so many times as children and teenagers, for things that weren't their fault, now the words were a lot more bitter than they should. And Caleb had so many problems with his rage beside this...

Of course, she had been stunned and scared, too, but to make Nixie feel worse than she did would be just plain wrong. And then, the woman just took off. Siblings looked at each other, faces rather crestfallen and then, as if on silent agreement, dashed after her. They didn't get far, though, stopping right beyond doors, witnesses to last sentences exchanged between Nixie and Smith. Corynn stared in slight horror and her eyes went to her brother. "Unhand her. Now." Well, angry at himself for raging or not, it didn't mean he couldn't roll right into next fit. But there was still some control in his eyes, hopefully it would stay there.

Smith looked at the pair, eyes narrowed and his hand, of course, didn't release Nixie's. "I do not follow your orders, Mr. Moore and this woman is unwell. She needs doctor's help. I am taking her to one right now, besides, you all should be in dinner hall," he explained stiffly, aware how Caleb's hands were curling up in fists and what a heavy punch they could throw. "I said: let her go," he repeated through gritted teeth and lunged at Smith, but he was prepared and moved sideways and nearly immediately, medical staff appeared and Corynn could see - or thought she could - gleam of syringe in one of their hands. Their thoughts confirmed their intentions.

"Caleb, no!" she cried out, flinging herself on his back from behind in attempt to restrain him before he attacked Smith another time. "Leave him alone! He won't fight... He won't," Corynn said as the man froze - his initial reaction had been to throw her off, but as she was his sister, he just couldn't. "I will take your word for it this time, Miss Moore, but next time he shows signs of aggression I will have him sedated and taken to doctors for his issue," Smith warned and began dragging Nixie off.

Corynn's eyes began filling with tears as she mouthed "I am so sorry" to the other woman, her hand now clenched on Caleb's shoulder who was staring intensely at Smith with gaze that should kill and there was this uncomfortable, squeezing feeling somewhere in red head's guts and around his throat. After short moment, it was just the two of them, standing there and feeling worse than they would have if they had been stranded on abandoned island. There was a bitter taste of betrayal in their mouths and Corynn honestly had no idea how she could look in Nixie's eyes again. If they'd ever see her.... With this horrible thought, they slowly began moving towards their rooms, not interested in returning to dinner hall as neither of them were hungry.