Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-08-2014, 04:59 AM

Lee closed his eyes at the man's words. Harsh. Serious. But there was a waver there only the most skilled would catch. He was nervous. Concerned, but he wouldn't go so far as to say terrified. After all, Dustin wouldn't have gotten into the spy business were he terrified of being captured and tortured. He stepped forward, uncrossing his arms and opening his eyes. "I don't doubt you'll hold every piece of vital information to the very bitterest of ends." He said in English. "And I know you probably don't know much more than the bare bones of your orders. You're a spy, you don't like working with others because they slow you down, you feel watched. You function better by yourself and you get results. No one knows your name, I'm sure, because every possible file that has information on you was destroyed the moment you became a spy or sealed so securely not even the world's best hackers would get at them, or they're in an underground vault as well-protected as the secret of God Himself."

He looked down, then back up, and sighed. "They probably call you some variation of your name, don't they? Steel, maybe? It's hard, cold, and doesn't easily give. Just like you. Do you... think about that place you used to go to? That quiet little place... that lake. It was nice there, wasn't it, Dustin? Beautiful, especially during sunset. It's hard to admit that it hurts that you don't remember me. Dustin, my name is Lee Alkaev. Maybe you don't remember me. I guess it just means I'm too attached to the past, even now. Even the detached, cold bastard Mister Misery feels a little too strongly." He chuckled bitterly, and shook his head. "No one will torture you yet. Hopefully never. Maybe this damnable war will end soon and we can go our separate ways again." He turned, starting away to do his rounds about the prison.