Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 AM

Lee raised his head as a flash of annoyance lashed through his mind, and he banged his hands on the bars. "Damn you, I don't want information you have! It's worthless to me, for the love of God, I just want you to remember!" He gritted his teeth, feeling the drum in his head pound with an intensity so great it wanted to explode from inside out. After a moment, Lee sighed. "You really think I'd risk my damn life telling you all this if I just wanted to get information? I'd send you straight to one of my torturers! I'm trying to keep you from unnecessary pain, Dustin, and there's only one way to do it. Either you go with it or I give up..."

He paused at that, shaking his head. "But I know who I'm talking to! I know you, and I'd know you from fifty feet away and ten, twenty, thirty years older. I don't know why you can't remember me but it's killing me. And if I can find ways to talk to you, help you somehow... somehow... without raising others' suspicions... I'll do it. But you have to want to remember. There's got to be something you want to remember... Even if it's not me, Dustin... But..." He didn't know how he'd handle being the only component that Dustin couldn't remember. He'd been there so long, after all, as Dustin had been there for him.