View Single Post
thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2016, 07:58 AM

"I'll ask this one more time," Silvestre crossed his arms, hanging back in the darkness as his bandmates watched the stage, "Do we really have to stay 'til the end? I mean, it's not like anyone's gonna miss us!"

"Common courtesy, Sly," Daniel replied. He was the Silvestre's closest friend, and even he was having trouble pretending he wasn't annoyed beyond belief right now, "Besides, we went over our set time. You know that's--"

"Barely," he leaned in with a broad, teasing grin, "And anyway, I'm not the one who thought we needed those extra guitar solos." Daniel shot him a look, but his smile didn't waver for a second. They both knew Dani had only thrown in those solos to make up for the half-assed performance Silvestre gave on what was once one of their best songs. A slow ballad (unusual compared to their other, upbeat songs), laden with hurt and anger... Yeah, Sly was in an emotional place when he wrote it. The sort of place he didn't much feel like going back to these days. So it sounded forced: high notes not quite high enough, his voice lacking the oomph needed to drive the lyrics home. Daniel could've pointed this out of course. But he didn't. He knew his friend would just brush it off like always.

"You fuckin' killed it, by the way," Silvestre playfully elbowed him in the side, sidling up next to him and turning his attention to the stage as well. That was about the closest he'd ever come to either an apology or a 'thank you'.

Daniel only eyed him for another second before heaving a defeated sigh, "Damn right I did. Jackass."

"Ah, you love me," he snorted. Silvestre's humor was ever equal parts compliment and teasing jabs. He pissed people off sometimes, sure, but he was just as quick to try and make them laugh. Now, his true ire (usually in the form of passive-aggressive snubbing, underhanded comments, and the occasional rude vaguetweet) was reserved for certain, very specific people. "At least they're almost through," his voice was low, lacking its earlier mirth, "Can you blame me for wanting to skip out early?"