View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:49 PM

❄ How to Participate ❄

To enter, simply prepare your real-life creations, add your username and snap a photo. Host the image somewhere (I like IMGUR), and paste or link your entries in this thread using the provided form. :3

RESTRICTIONS
  • No more than two entries per person, per category.
  • Don't edit your username into your image - it's got to be part of the original photo. If you mess up and forget the username, talk to me & we'll see if we can work something out.
  • No storebought goodies, please! Using recipes or box mixes is fine, as is getting as little bit of help from another person as needed (2 year old "help" decorate? That's fine. Enlisted someone to chop nuts for you? That's ok too.), as long as you've done the majority of the work yourself. :3

ENTRY DEADLINE

All entries must be submitted in this thread by the end of the Festival of Winter Nights event.
(Should be Jan 2nd. Check the Event FAQ for the most current info.)

PRIZES

For each category:
1st Place - 5K gold
2nd Place - 2K gold
Runners-up - 750 gold
& if we get enough entries, prize medals may be awarded to Overall Staff Favorites:

Q & A

Q. What criteria are the entries being judged on?
A. For edible entries, I'm looking at sentimentality (is this a family recipe? Does it remind you of your nan, or a special memory? I love that stuff! ), how yummy I imagine it tasting (not necessarily to me; you won't fail for accidentally using an ingredient I don't personally like), and overall presentation (both staging and the food itself). For crafts: creativity, technique, results (if you attempt something really difficult I'll take that into consideration when judging the final product).

Q. All I have is my phone camera. How important is photo quality to you?
A. While entries aren't being judged on photo quality directly, since I can't actually taste the food the visuals do matter. I'm not going to be picky about image resolution but a nicely staged photo will have an edge over a similar quality dish with a careless photo. (eg, Don't set your plate of beautiful, yummy food on a dirty floor next to a pair of sneakers to take your pic.)

Q. Does my entry need to be "Christmassy" in order to win?
A. Not at all. Whatever seasonal means to you is just fine with me. :) Feel free to add comments to your entries to explain anything you feel concerned about.

Q. I'm not the best cook/crafter, should I enter anyway?
A. Go for it! I love to see any and all creations - it's especially neat to share holiday foods because so many of them have personal relevance to the chef. I'll be sending everyone who enters a little something just for participating, too. :)

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-23-2014 at 03:37 AM..