View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 PM

❄ Holiday Sweets ❄

For the sweetest of the sweet ~
those festive candies, cookies, and other goodies go here!

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="5"]I brought sweets![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments:Egg Nog Cookies! For those people that don't like eggnog call them seasonal spice cookies since they don't have the texture that most people associate with eggnog but of a lovely cookie. ;) I got the recipe from here...but they don't look as nice as hers. XD Eggnog Cookies | Jen's Favorite Cookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcotic Dolly View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: So I have the unfair advantage of this being my JOB (making coffees and muffins) but I'm in charge of the Christmas Deco this year! We even had an event on where we invited kids under 5 to come and decorate gingerbread men for free! I had the most fun with that, I swear. And here in lies my creations!proof 1proof 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Ingredients: [x]
Cooking: [x] [x]

Comments: Today is the Winter Solstice on the Chinese calender, so to celebrate, I made myself dumplings in soup (tong yuen)! They can be eaten either savoury or sweet, but my family traditionally makes them in sweet, ginger broth. Culturally, they are eaten together with family, and the round balls and bowl signify family together during these special days. I ran out of cane sugar blocks, so I made do. These dumplings are filled with sweet red bean. They also come in a variety of other fillings like peanut, black sesame, and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Inspired By Cora and Milos!

I brought sweets!

Comments: Milos Horns! XD I used a christmas tree shape and cut off the trunk to make horns. It's make from Marzipan with Nutella in the center and covered in chocolate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments:
Gingerbread terrariums. The bushes are marzipan, each bit of it handmade Made eight. Idea came from here.
gingerbread terrariums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: [optional] Ooooey goooey cheesecake swirled fudgey brownies ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: [optional] Punkin spice cookies made from scratch, "For Santa" ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Traditional Christmas Cutout Cookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Lemon Mousse. In my family we have fish on christmas eve every year and what goes better with fish then lemon?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post
I brought sweets!
[paste or link IMG here]
Comments: These are maple bacon cookies (maple syrup plus bacon) my whole house smells awesome and the cookies are gooood the iceing is maple too and bacon sprinkles They taste like maple candy the bacon flavor is not that noticeable its kind of just an accent=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Lynn View Post
I brought sweets!
Photo
Comments
: Pumpkin Roll~
My mother and I usually always make these for the holidays, but this year she's been a bit under the weather. SOOO I ran the whole operation by myself this year (Somebody had to make em xD)
I think they're fun to make (I really like rolling them up ^^) and really yummy :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Caraway cookies, made from this historical recipe. They turned out a little bit crispy, and with a light, mildly sweet flavor. They make nice cookies, but they could also be a nice savory snack with slices of cheese or other savory toppings. They went over well with our dinner guests last night, which was gratifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: wedding cookies; essentially just an almond cookie rolled in confectioner's sugar

I brought sweets!
Comments: candied pecans with coconut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: On Christmas Eve I got to do something I've been looking forward to for nearly 6 months-- I got to move my Grandmother back to her home from a nursing care facility. While we don't typically have cookies in our Christmas celebration, we ALWAYS have cookies when we visit with my Grandmother's house. So this year in addition to the cake or pie I decided it would be a nice way to celebrate her company with some cookies! I used a sugar cookie (they ended up tasting like Walkers shortbread cookies) and dipped them in semi-sweet chocolate... because chocolate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Peanut butter reindeer cookies, with pretzels and M&Ms (which I usually don't use but turned out okay with this project). Adapted loosely from this recipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: I tried but these things came out like Franken-treats. At least they were eaten! XD

I brought sweets!
Comments: Cinnamon Apples with honey and brown sugar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: I make this 3 layered mochi every year. This year I made it with brown sugar and made it less sweet for the older people in our family who are conscious of their health, like my parents and my aunts and uncles. I wish everyone good health in the new year. :)

I brought sweets!
Username Proof Shot
Comments: This year I tried to make Custard Mochi for the first time. I made two batches, the first one I tried on my co workers hehehe. The pan shows the second batch I made tonight. I think my results from tonight were better. The browning on the top layer is nicer! It tasted awesome!! The top half was like flan or custard (if you've ever eaten egg/custard tart it was sort of like that) and the bottom had a mochi "crust" which was chewy and yummy! (The proof shot with my username is on the bottom because when I used the photo put together program on my phone, it cropped my name off. Let me know if this is still acceptable because I can try to make one with my username within the boundaries.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: These are Red Velvet Thumbprint cookies that I made for a cookie swap. I was going to make them by the book, but I got hte brilliant idea to make the cream cheese filling green. I went a little overboard with the green. I had so much trouble getting the cookie base to turn red, that I added way too much green coloring to the cream cheese part. They're a bit eye burninating, but they were tasty. Bonus picture of my mixer mixing. :D

I brought sweets!
Comments: These are the million Peanut butter cup cookies that I made for the Christmas Party at work! I peeled two bags of reese's peanut butter cups and I still ran out of candies! I ended up using red and green candy melts, which looks really cute and still tastes great! I still have some of these left. I made way too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: These are Rosettes, they are Swedish cookies and a traditional Christmas treat for my guy's family during this time of year. They are made by mixing a batter of dough and a hot iron that has the pretty design. You dip the hot iron into the batter, then into a cast iron pan of hot oil. If it works right they slip off the iron into the oil and fry up into pretty golden brown shapes. They are then covered with powdered sugar. This year, we had a bit of a struggle making them. The iron got too hot, so half the time the cookie was cooking in the batter before we could get it into the oil. We had to make two batches of the batter. After a bit of work, we managed this tray full of cookies. We added lemon extract to them so they came out with a slight lemon hint. They were a lot of fun despite the struggle. I am going to include a link to a wikki on them, cause they are pretty nifty little things and well, more info is better than less right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosette_(cookie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
I brought sweets!
Untitled - Hikari-Hellion's Sta.sh
Comments: It's shortbread! It's chocolate! It's both!

I brought sweets!
Untitled - Hikari-Hellion's Sta.sh
Comments: A minty twist on chocolate chip cookies~

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:58 PM..