View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-17-2017, 08:34 PM

Gage froze with the abrupt suggestion from Asha. "What? How is that possible?" he asked, knowing a bite tinged his words, but it was surprise and wariness more than anything that brought it on. His family didn't raise him with any real ties to magic other than their animal forms. And a magic link that could share what each other saw? This only boggled his mind. Still, when Asha led him to a space and shifted--Gage could tell from the feline scent suddenly wafting in the air--he let it happen.

Gage felt the fur under his fingers and settled his hand as something fuzzy and strange starting to emerge from his eyes. Indistinct and bright, he didn't even know what to make of it. He had to squint, so unused to using his eyes for seeing. And what a thing he saw as the image got clearer. He couldn't...no words existed for this kind of thing. So long people tried to describe it to him, but nothing ever came close. The things he saw transcended human language completely.

Glancing up at the sky, he felt the image sharpen for one dizzying second into a clear image and that was enough. Too much really. The second he got a clear look at it, Gage wrenched himself away from Asha and stumbled back a few steps. His head reeled and he fought for a second to stay on his feet. The sights vanished with their broken contact though and Gage reveled in the familiar darkness that settled around him. "Wow-!" he gasped. "I can't...I don't think I can do that again!"