View Single Post
star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 01-02-2016, 12:39 AM

Favorite Avi's of 2016

ImageX

my favorite admin picked avis.

Admin Picked avisX

Admin's Pick Link | Admin's Pick Link 2 | Admins Pick Link 3 |

Admin's PickX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post

star2000shadow- Very nice use of the multiple shades of green in your avatar. I think it is worthy of the front page, but then again, 'Crow's picks' never make it. -rolls eyes and makes a shaky fist at the establishment-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Here's your winner for this week, it's star2000shadow:

Got some fabulous use of recent items here! Also, tying some older one in with great effect too, which makes me very happy :D This is seriously creepy! The crystals and fog combine to create an intensely eerie vibe. The water, visible in the distance, just adds to that spookiness, somehow.

I love the layering used to create the dress! The new wings of course giving the perfect finishing touch to that ;D I also really like the use of the trees with the trailing leaves! Not thought of that but I'm gonna try that combo out myself once I've posted this

Very cool to see the green lipstick being put to good use, too :D Those lip colours are not easy to make, so I'm super pleased to see them adding another dimension to avatars.

I really love how the crystals look like they're glowing, and the trees really give the impression of being in a dark and spooky clearing, the water looks like a swamp in the background. Maybe Star is trying to lure out some ancient tentacled beast with that (probably) poisoned apple

Very nice avatar, congrats!

Quote:
So here are your Bonanza Winners, all 7 of 'em!

Bound Birdie:

Falconwing:

The_Crow:

vampire_bill:

Dystopia:

Darth Mudkip:

star2000shadow:

Congratulations you guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
This Friday's Pick is star2000shadow:!

Aah, what a cozy and festive setting! After a long day, it's a definitely nice to just put on a fire and relax with a cup of cocoa. And since it's the holidays, it's especially relaxing! The sound of snowfall outside, the crackling of a fire, the flicker of lighted candles, and twinkling lights on a tree. Presents can be stressful and that can really take away some of the spirit of the holidays, but Star's kept it very low-key by having a reasonable amount. I see she's peeking through her stocking though!

Congrats, Star! Can I come over?

Quote:
Here's your Monday winner! It's star2000shadow:

Aw yisss, got some kick-ass superhero stuff going on here! Even the demeanour's right! She looks pissed! Also yay, a cosplay that I actually recognised! \o/ <.< >.>

This is sleek though, nothing over-complicated going on; big blocks of colour and sweeping lines, so lots of impact! Balance is nice too, the clouds, hair and lightning bolts are tidily central, the grey at top and bottom bracketing things, them that lovelt splash of blue for drama, love it!

Well done Star, now off to save the world with ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Let's congratulate today's winner, star2000shadow:!

I'm really digging this sketchy look! The black and white avatar on its own would have made a wonderful outfit, but adding in the pen and the vignette border really turns this into something magical. I can just picture a bored student doodling this in class, painstakingly shading in each detail and then adding in some awesome action lines for emphasis.

Great job! This is such a nice creative use of our CIs.

Last edited by star2000shadow; 12-31-2016 at 10:45 AM..