[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-22-2011, 02:39 AM

Admin's Pick:

Awarded on 10-10-2011X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Here's your winner for this week, it's zigbigadorlube:

I'd say the weather is totally what made me go for this one! I don't know what it's doing in your part of the world, but summer has certainly fled from these parts! A week ago we had a heatwave, but now it's well and truly October; wet, grey and cold. Looking at this avatar is like looking through a secret window into a perfect perpetual summer. I'll bet there's not even any bugs that want to bite and sting you! Just those fireflies floating around, those might even be fairies as it's day time!

Some great balancing going on here, too! The head items look great together, the big flower pins go perfectly with the headband, the organza trim adds softness and light without being over-powering. The harness is the same shade as the centre of the flowers and the basket. The little touches of yellow on the outfit; the bead, the belt that looks fab underneath the harness, and do you see the yellow puffs peeking out from beneath the sleeves?

It's a sweet and lovely outfit, and makes me long for some sunshine!

Awarded on 1-8-2014X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Congratulations to today's winner, zigbigadorlube:!

I can't quite find the right words to describe this avatar: Outer space fairy bug? Frozen pastel magic girl?

Whatever she's doing, it works! Balancing out such pale and pretty colors with a hint of black was the perfect way to keep this outfit from looking washed out. Not to mention that the background creates a very ethereal atmosphere that's wonderfully alluring.

Congratulations, zig!

Awarded on 8-22-2014X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Here is your Admin's Pick Winner for today!

zigbigadorlube: put together such a lovely, soft pastel avatar that feels very soothing and dreamy. She makes me think of a goddess of peace and harmony touring her garden. Any moment now, she'll turn into her dove form and go help ease someone's stress or anxiety.

Congratulations on the win, Zig!

Awarded on 12-26-2014X

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Eegads, I've reached a very lumpy state of mind and I plumb forgot what day it was! Here's today's pick:

zigbigadorlube:

I was having a really hard time choosing a winner tonight because there are so many great avatars out there right now, but I keep coming back to this avatar. It's such an eye-pleaser! The colors are quite lovely and it's been put together with a lot of delicacy ~ she has quite a few items equipped, but it doesn't feel "heavy" and the black accents are only in the finest lines. Since she's left the background empty, there's nothing to detract from the avatar itself and we can really appreciate the nice layering job she's done here. Super pretty. :3

Congratulations, zig!

Awarded on 7-1-2015X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
So guess what guys! Its that time again, time to announce another winner.

And the pick comes from yours truely!

Once again there are so many to chose from but this weeks choice came rather easily to me.

zigbigadorlube:

This avi is so incredibly fitting for the holiday this upcoming weekend. The layers are so seemlessly put together, it looks like one dress rather than a bunch of disjointed items just thrown together for color balance. The hair, the item choices and even the background lend way to fireworks on a summer evening in july. Definately a drool worthy avatar there! Good Work Ziggles!

Awarded on 3-22-2017X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
Hellllooo, my little spookies! The wee hours of the evening, you say? Yes, it is! I've decided to make Admin Pick more dangerous, more diabolical, more... other word that start with 'D'. ... Also, i'm sick and me brain don't work so well no more.

And my AP for the week is...

zigbigadorlube:

Look at this? Do I really have explain my reasoning? Do I? ... I saw this beauty in the Pot of Gold thread and knew he had to come home with Howdy. --- It's the apocalypse! Mankind is no more! And now it's time to play. Yay! This avi is all kinds of charming. Our little reptile friend, frolicking in the wasteland, able to enjoy himself without humans coming around messing up the fun. Stupid Humans!

So congrats to zig on her fifth win!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 03-22-2017 at 10:52 AM..