View Single Post
SpencerW
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-02-2014, 11:28 PM

This staring contest was getting boring, and Jun wanted to do something. He wasn't sure he had the upper hand in the situation, and really, he was trying to figure the bounty out. Jun had been told that this boy was dangerous and could not go free, as he was a threat to everyone's safety. But really, it almost seemed as if he was just trying to survive. Jun shook those thoughts aside. He had a job to do, and emotions were starting to get in the way. He wasn't sure why this particular bounty was having such an effect on him, but Jun didn't like it.

"You think they'll kill me?" He asked, frowning. Honestly, Jun hadn't considered that option. It wasn't an outcome he liked at all, and it did give him pause-as if walking away really was the best option. But, if he was to be killed for carrying out his orders, then surely he'd also be killed for letting the cyborg walk away. Jun pinched the bridge of his nose. Everything was already so complicated, and he hadn't even done anything. "I suppose I'm stuck then," he said, looking up at the cyborg once again. "Damned if I do, damned if I don't."

"This is why emotions are meaningless," he muttered, more to himself than to the bounty. "They complicate everything. I can't bring you in willingly, yet I can't let you walk away. So now I'm asking this honestly, what now? I'm sure you could put that cybernetic brain of yours to good use." His voice was sarcastic now, as Jun was frustrated. He had no idea that he'd gotten himself into such a complicated situation. His life took priority over the bounty's, and it was at stake either way.