View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-07-2016, 02:12 AM

Holly tried to rationalize, tried to think of all the logical reasons why they'd just found the skull of a faun that was so close to her, here, in the forest. Why someone would kill a faun? Holly hadn't seen her mother or father in years, but the last faun she'd seen was, in fact, her mother... Many years ago. That scent that radiated from the skull when she sniffed it gave it away. She cursed her sense of smell.

Holly tried her hardest to be rational. But, it was as if all logic had vanished from her and her panic became rage very quickly...

"You..." She whispered at first, her voice cracking as she tried to speak through the sadness that got caught in her throat. When Tarek came closer to her, she shied away, holding her tail in her hand and wringing it out of nervous habit. "You!" She roared. "Get away from me!" Holly felt overwhelmed. Too many emotions, too many discoveries in too little of time. "This is your fault!" Holly screamed. She knew that wasn't entirely true, she hoped somewhere deep in her heart that Tarek truly didn't know. But again, reason was not a strong point at this time.

She backed away from Tarek and tears finally began to roll down her cheeks as her lower lip stuck out and quivered. Holly's voice became quiet, just above a whisper... "Fauns are supposed to live for centuries. The humans killed her... and you're going to kill me." Holly turned so her back faced Tarek and she started to openly weep. "I don't know what you humans want... But I won't let you kill me too."

Holly took off into the woods, however, she didn't go very far. She just ran into the shadows until she knew she was (hopefully) out of sight. Still, from where she hid she watched Tarek through the bushes, wanting to know if he truly was as honest as he had made her believe.