Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-18-2015, 06:45 AM

Remy laughed at Vex as she threatened him. This enraged her further. Her mind was still spinning with everything, but the one thing she had determined to be the truth was that Remy was the one behind things. He was her true enemy. Before she knew it the two of them were in a power struggle. The boy was in far better shape than she, but still the woman willed her battered and broken body to move and fight back. As the two fought the woman blocked out what was going on around them.

It was a miracle that the criminal was able to defend herself and keep on the offense against the boy. While their battled intensified somehow Vex was able to get the upper hand. She slashed at him with the bloody knife in her hand, slicing Remy across the chest. The boy hissed out in pain before punching her broken ribs. This caused her to wince, gasping for air. Damn did it hurt, the pain radiating through her midsection.

Remy managed to put a little distance between them as she recovered. It wouldn’t be enough though. Once she had caught her breath the woman threw a couple of knives at him, slowing him further. Charging forward Vex rammed the boy, both of them went tumbling and rolling through the mud. Skidding to a stop the woman moved quickly for the shape she was in. Again she had their enemy were she wanted him. Pinning him to the ground with one hand on his throat the criminal plunged the knife in her other hand into his midsection, giving it a twist. A deafening cry came from Remy before he fell silent. It was finally over. Breathing raggedly she let go of the knife and the boy’s throat before falling over onto her side. That was when the alarm sounded, bringing her back to what was going on around her. Everyone was fighting for their lives.

Soon Ashes was shouting orders for them to pull out. Grudgingly the silver haired woman forced herself back to her feet. Making her way over to Ashes and Sycom she stumbled a bit. “I’m not….” Her words were quickly cut off by the red head. Her gaze lowered as he spoke. How could he trust her, how could they trust her? When she felt his hands on her shoulders she looked at him with saddened lavender eyes. “I can’t lead them. Why would they follow me after this?” As he pulled her to him it was clear Sycom wasn’t going to listen to her protests. The tears she had been fighting streamed down her cheeks when her husband whispered to her before kissing her. Her arms tightened around him, wishing she didn’t have to let go.

After a moment Vex pulled back a bit to look at him. With a grim smile she gave him a nod. Her loving husband urged her to do what he wanted, what was right. She bit her lower lip before taking a step back. “Don’t worry I’ll make sure they get there safely.” Vex gave her husband one quick last kiss while pressing one of her last knives into his empty hand. “If you die without me I will never forgive you. So return to my side quickly,” she whispered before pulling away from him.

Turning from Sycom a few more tears slide down her cheeks. She hadn’t told him that her pocket watch was in the enemy’s hands. If she had it then they would all have a good chance at escaping, but as it stood they didn’t. Plus it was possible that the silver haired woman wouldn’t even make it long enough to get the others to her friends. If whoever held her watch broke it then that was it for her. She gave a quick glance to Ashes. “Please take care of my husband since he won’t allow me to stay by his side,” the words were whispered as she passed by the male.

Taking a breath Vex moved to where most of the others were. “Alright everyone we have our orders we are to pull out. Watch each other’s backs. I’ll be leading you whether you like it or not. We’re going to a safe house were we can get treatment and regroup. I know the way. So let’s get moving.” It was clear that she was taking the task given to her seriously. Still she had her doubts that this would work, but the woman would do her best for her husband’s sake. As she moved in the direction of their destination she glanced at the others. It was up to them if they chose to follow her or not.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 03-03-2015 at 03:05 AM..