View Single Post
Head Librarian
Reading is fundamental
NPC

Old 12-01-2013, 12:12 AM

Horizontal Rule / Lines

There are two ways to create line breaks here in Menewsha.

The first is the horizontal rule, which are the [HR][/HR] tags. It gives you a light gray line when used.

^ It's right up there. Can you see it? Squint if you can't.

The second method, which uses the [LINE][/LINE] tags, allows you to use different colors for your lines.

For example, if you want a green line, insert the name of the color in between the tags like so:

HTML Code:
[LINE]green[/LINE]
And it'll turn out like below:

Just like formatting font colors, you can also use hex codes instead of the color names.
For a list of color names and hex codes supported by HTML (and Menewsha), visit W3Schools's HTML Color Names.

Quote Boxes

There are several ways you can wrap text in a box, but I would recommend just these two: [HTML] and [QUOTE]

What's the difference?
The [HTML][/HTML] tags disables parsing, so this is what I'd use if I want to fully display codes.
The [QUOTE][/QUOTE] tags automatically parse text, so text wrapped in these codes will show up like normal.

To properly show how they differ, here's an example using the text formatting sample:

HTML Code:
It's very easy to [B]bold[/B], [I]italicize[/I], [U]underline[/U] or [STRIKE]strike[/STRIKE] some text.
Quote:
It's very easy to bold, italicize, underline or strike some text.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-17-2022 at 04:18 PM..