View Single Post
KamenRiderNadeshiko
Henshin Heroine

Old 03-17-2021, 03:57 AM

Is anybody still reading this?

I'll admit I was never much of a poster here. I used to come here to mostly play with the avatar creator. Now that this place is almost dead, I feel bad about not posting here enough. I haven't posted on here since 2017, around the time Mene started to die.

I first came here back in 2008 at age 15, I had a different username back then. I think I first heard about Mene from an ad banner while reading web comics, I can't remember which one. Looking back at my old posts, they seem so cringy now.

I have a very distinct memory of chatting with other users during one of the events. I remember talking about Star Trek and sneaking downstairs to get a midnight snack. Looking back at old posts, it was the Airship Dining Hall during the 2010 Phoenix Jubilee.

This was a great site, and I didn't appreciate coming here more. I regret not posting more and being more social. I was never a social person. I don't have any online friends, nor do I use social media. I don't think joining a Discord would be of any use.

I'm going to miss playing with the avatar creator. I loved how much effort was taken into creating the many different pieces of clothing to dress up my avatar with. I used to like collecting lolita style fashions, and making magical girl-type characters. The avatar I have now looks like a magical idol singer. Then I'd get tired of collecting certain types of clothing, sell them back, and collect pieces in a totally different style like grunge, or school uniform. It was fun.

I sometimes think about how we could save this place, but I know it would be useless, nor do I know how we could go about doing it. Maybe I should look into the Discord thing, but I know I would never really use it.

I feel a bit better about posting this. I've actually been thinking about doing this for a long time now, but never got around to doing it. I think if the site were still alive, I'd definitely post more. It would have given me something to do during last year's lockdown.

There are only a very few of them, but I guess I had some nice memories here.

Last edited by KamenRiderNadeshiko; 03-17-2021 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: Typo.