View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-05-2015, 02:55 AM

Horse? Again Kurako's attention turned to Patrin, only for a moment though. The half-elf shrugged slightly at the woman's next words to him. "Everyone does have a price." His chest tightened again as the corruption seemed to grow a bit more inside of him at this choice he was being offered. It was a choice though, and his lavender eyes lingered on the diamonds for a very long moment before he tore his gaze away. "You're mistaken if you think I'm a typical thief. I'm far from typical."

Greed didn't fuel Kurako's lifestyle choice, it was simply the only lifestyle he knew how to live. He supposed that also made it easier for him to decline her offer, though if she offered him something he truly wanted. A cure for his curse perhaps, then he would be hard pressed to turn away from her. Then Patrin was moving towards them and spouting something stupid. Though the word Unicorn caught Kurako's full attention.

The half elf moved quickly, one of his daggers was sheathed in an instant, and that hand shot out. Grabbing Patrin by the arm and pulling him close. "I told you, idiot. I'd put myself between you and danger. That means you can't put yourself between me and danger. Now sit down and let me handle this." A unicorn. If that was true. If that was indeed true, then Kurako had a very good reason to keep Patrin safe and survive this encounter himself.

"I told you earlier, unicorn's are extinct. You've become delusional from your wound. So sit down and rest." He released Patrin's arm then, and his tone had been a warning tone, almost laced with desperation. If it was true. If Patrin was really a unicorn, Kurako couldn't lose him now.

And then the woman before them was collapsing, and another woman had approached them, coming down from the trees. Kurako's body was tense, and his second dagger had once again found it's way to his hand. His eyes blazed with determination now. "He's not handing himself over to anyone, because I will now allow it." There was a protectiveness in his tone that hadn't been there before.