View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 PM

Looking from his drink to Kat then back to his drink, he frowned. He knew he forgot something. And, of course, it had to be his phone. Turning the car around at one of the no U-Turn spots, they started heading back to the cafe. Just his luck to forget his phone. What else had he forgot? Clearly, he forgot what it took to be a good agent. Just look at him. He was slowly crumbling and this woman, Kitten (why yes, he would mentally call her this), seemed to see it. If she could see it, who else could? Finding his hands wet, he gingerly dared to look at those wet arms of his. When had he started crying? And why?

"After I lost Loki, I went down a dark path. Rynn found me and kicked me from my dark place." Tugging up the sleeves of his shirt, he showed off some scars as well as what looked like needle holes. "Between self-inflection and getting high, I was a mess. I screwed anyone and drank away my sorrows." Tears continued to roll down his cheeks and splash his arms, which were trembling slightly. "I pushed everyone and everything from my life. For a half a year, I was nothing but a low life junkie." Sniffing, he wiped the tears from his face with the sleeve of his left arm. "But one night, I had a vision with Rynn in it. I didn't know who she was back then, but I knew I wanted to find her. To find her, I needed to join the law. I purge all the addictions from my system and eventually found my way."

A small smile soon faded when he started to speak again. "When I eventually joined C.R.O.N.O.S. I met Rynn. She brought out some of my softer sides. And she could also combat those less than perfect flaws I acquired during my period of grief and mourning." A calculated exhale followed. "Hate to break it to you, Kit-Kat, but you picked a terrible man to side with."

Pulling up to the cafe, Halvard went inside and frantically looked around for his phone. Sure enough, someone had turned it in and after proving that it was his phone (he had to describe his lock screen, which was a picture of he and Rynn making faces), it was back in his possession.

He wanted to cry again, but he couldn't. With a firm grasp on the phone, he pulled Kat into his and smiled at the camera while letting his eyes gaze at his new partner. "It's customary to have my partner as my background picture. It's either you or some other pussy." Thumbing through his phone, he showed her a picture of a cat. "But you're better looking so it has to be you." Truth be told, Rynn was his only friend, save for the cat. Halvard spoke to no one but her, so giving Katerina the key was only a sign of trust and the potential friendship that was to hopefully develop and blossom.

Again, the duo started to leave. Only, this time, Halvard's eyes glanced at the man who spoke to him earlier, only Hal didn't catch it. Raising a brow, he looked from Kat to Gunther. "Weren't you at the train yard?"

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 11:25 AM ----------

A wicked grin crossed Loki's face. This was perfect. Priceless, actually. Turning to Nessa, he planted a firm kiss on her forehead, while crunching her cheeks in his hands. "Nessa-baby, you're brilliant. Do follow the lad around. I will disguise myself as a student and I shall gain his trust when you start creating chaos. I want you to try to kill that kid. I will step in and save him and he'll be completely in debt to me. We'll milk the information from him and figure out just why he was privy to that meeting." Eyes glowing, he patted his partner on the back. "Create chaos at your own desire. Perhaps a black cat crossing his path. Or a sudden fire. Maybe a collapsing ceiling tile. Oh the fun you'll have."

Loki paused for a second before entrusting Nessa with a task that would really put their trust to the test. "I'll need you to injure me, too. If we want this believable, we can't just have me parting the sea and avoiding all damage. Pick wisely what you'll do as I'll only have moments to leave scars or scream. If it's something too complex, my illusion might crack. Wouldn't want that."

With this new direction in mind, Loki started to change his look so he might fight in with a school kid. Looking to Nessa for approval or suggestion, "Nay or yay?" He was currently in baggy cargo pants of a khaki color with a slim-fitting black shirt. Around his feet were Converse sneakers and his wrist wore a watch. His orange hair was no more and was now replaced with a blond color that was cut like a surfer dude's hair. His orange eyes also shifted to a hazel color.