View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 PM

If only I could remember what lead me to where I stand today. Why am I here. Who put me up to this task? Was it my own free will? Was this my doing? My destiny? Or have the heavens been toying with me? Has my mind been framed, plagued, and compromised? What if I fail. What will happen then?

A body shifted just slight enough to not even cause the crows nearby to flee. Pressed against the warming roof, his eyes looked down a lens on a target. A single man was walking toward a coffee cart. It looked like it was going to be another day for him. He would gather up his coffee and take a sip. Burning his tongue, he would look away in disgust. Whistling for a taxi, he would stand there until someone drove by. The coffee would be placed atop the yellow machine and would be forgotten, just as it always was. The second the brown contents would spill onto the windshield, he would burst from the car, stomp his feet, and run back to the cart. He would order another coffee, only this time with ice, and retreat back into the car. Late, he would be late again.

Oh yes, you will be very late for your very important meeting today. Letting out his held breath, the male on the roof smirked.

Red began to spread. The brown iced coffee would sail through the air and clip a woman hustling past. Everything was moving in slow motion. Not a sound came. At least not yet. Not until the coffee clicked on the ground and the ice spilled out onto the blood-stained street.

As the man dropped to the ground, a shrill would fill the air. The woman who happened to be brushing past him, gazed at the ungodly scene. Within seconds, a crowd was gathering and the police were barreling down on the body that littered the sidewalk. Blood swirling down the nearby storm drain, the mark became nothing but another dead body.

The roof-top sniper didn't dare move. All he needed was for the birds to scurry away and give away his position. He would be stuck here for an hour or so. His clean shot through the head would eventually give things away that the bullet came from his direction. But, until then, he watched the scene unfold below him. Thankfully, that shot has quite an impact, causing the body to twist so that the bullet looked it came from another direction.

Wait for it. Just wait for it....

Screams erupted from the streets. The bullet from within the body became a sea of flames. As the police in the area tried to snuff out the flames, they would soon find their own pants ablaze. There was nothing to be done. The body was rapidly deteriorating and all signs of what happened would be burned away.

A noise chirped in his ear. The walkie-talkie tapped below the nearby bench was finally picking up the feed.

"Shit! This is the same MO of the Arsonist Sniper. I thought he was gone. I thought we caught the perp. Don't tell me we booked the wrong thug."

Ah, the joys of yet another successful assassination. With one less creep crawling on the streets, Nieko Colte the "Arsonist Sniper" could and would sleep peacefully tonight. Come the morning, he would have another message and another person to kill and burn. Woe is the life of a man hellbent on burning the world to the ground.

When his hour of waiting was finally over, Nieko pulled from the roof and ran toward the stairwell. Running down the stairs, he wouldn't stop until he reached the parking garage. With the cameras out of service, he would slip across the pavement and into the van that laid their waiting for him. Door sliding open, he leaped in and the black van sped off.

"'nother suck'cessful mission?"

"..." Nieko didn't speak a word. His green orbs focused on the side of the wall. It was the 'hit board.' He would learn about his next target and spend the rest of the afternoon researching and canvassing the guy. It was often boring, but he couldn't complain. At least it paid the bills.

As the sun started to lower in the sky, Nieko found himself lost in the streets. Should he go home? Suddering at the thought, he opted to retreat and retire the day at his boss' headquarters.

"Still avoiding going home? That woman still lingering around your place?" A pretty brunette looked up from her desk. "You know, we can take her out."

"Heh. I'll let her live for now. Who knows when I'll need to use her." Slumping into the couch that reeked of sex and drugs, he sighed. "Fetch me something strong. I've a wicked headache." He wouldn't be able to finish his liquor for sleep claimed him. Until tomorrow, he would lay lost in his mind as he tried to recall just who he was prior to this new gig of his.

Last edited by Xavirne; 04-04-2014 at 01:21 PM..