View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2015, 12:09 AM

Day Three StoryX

GwenaHikari: Do you really think someone’s in the house?
Roscoe: [shaking his head] Nah, that’s just Sterling bein’ overdramatic. You know how the guy is.
DivineHeart: Then why are we hiding?
Roscoe: It makes for good TV. Just like when I called in that bomb threat on the Real Housewives of Orange County. That cat fight in the panic room won me an Emmy. So you guys keep those cameras rolling.
Chexala: Uh, about that, boss… My camera’s dead.
Mimmu: Shoot, mine too.
Roscoe: For crying out… I told you people to make sure those batteries were charged!
LizzyCollinsDeArc: They were! I charged them myself.
Roscoe: [sighs] Great. What’s the use of building up this drama if we can’t film it? Get those lights on.
Roachi: [attempts to flick the Rec Room light switch] What the… It isn’t working? [tries a side lamp, but still nothing] The electricity is out!
Roscoe: Of all the blasted luck! [raising the walkie talkie] Ananda, Sterling, are you guys… [he stops] What the hell?! This piece of crap is dead too!
SuperZombiePotatoe: [eyes widening] R-R-Roscoe….
Roscoe: Of all the Mickey Mouse operations to get mixed up in. This kinda stuff never happened on The Bachelor.
Mimmu: [backing up] Roscoe, behind you!
Roscoe: [not paying attention, he turns] Hey, is your walkie… Uh oh.

Franklin: Geez Louise, here’s why the power’s out. The fuse box is completely melted!
Sterling: What could have done that? Lightning?
Franklin: You tell me, you’re the psychic.
Sterling: [frowning] I’m a medium, not a psychic.
Franklin: [to himself] But it wasn’t storming out tonight. Regardless, it must have been a massive overload to do something like this.
Eloise: [scared] What’s going on, Dad?
Franklin: I don’t know, baby, but we’re going to figure this out.
Miles: It’s the ghost. It’s angry that we’re trying to get rid of it. [falling to his knees] Oh vengeful spirit, forgive us for trying to exorcise you! Please take my sister Eloise as a sacrifice!

[Eloise kicks him in the leg]

Franklin: Miles, now is not the time!
Sterling: [in monotone] Besides, it’s not a ghost.
Eloise: Then what is it?

Eloise lets out a loud ‘Eeep!’ as the garage door flies open. It’s Katherine and Annabelle, panting and frenzied.

Annabelle: [attempting to catch her breath] We saw them… upstairs… They’re aliens!
Sterling: Aliens!?
Franklin: Hold on, hold on. Now calm down.
Katherine: Now is not the time to be calm! There are aliens in our house!
Franklin: What?! You're pulling my leg.
Annabelle: [sternly] We’re serious, Dad! We saw them! These… blue creatures with huge black eyes! … I think they have Grandma!
Sterling: [strangely composed] That’s why the energy is so unusual. It’s otherworldly.
Franklin: [trying to be reasonable] Now I believe you two saw something, but how can you be so sure it’s aliens? I mean, it was dark and…
Katherine: Do you want to wait around so you can ask one?! We know what we saw, Franklin, and we need to get out of the house!
Franklin: [unsure how to respond, he relents] We’ll have to manually get the garage door open. Sterling, can you help me? [to Katherine] Start the van, we'll follow these guys into town.

With some effort, the two men lift the garage door. Katherine hurries behind the wheel and slips the key into the ignition. Her heart drops as the engine fails to turn. “What the hell?” She tries again, but is met with the same result. Frantic, she moves over to the other car, but it too refuses to work.

Katherine: They won’t start!
Sterling: [gravely] It’s them. They've cut off all power from everything mechanical.

A scream is heard from within the house. Moments later, Ananda bursts into the garage.

Ananda: [panicked] They got Roscoe! Chexala, DivineHeart, GwenaHikari, Mimmu, LizzyCollinsDeArc, SuperZombiePotatoe and Roachi! There was this bright purple light and then they were just gone!
Annabelle: We can’t stay here! We’ll have to run out into the woods!
Franklin: I guess we have no other choice. But everyone stay together!

Leaving the confines of the garage, the group quickly moves out into the open and is suddenly bathed in an unearthly glow. Looking skyward, jaws drop. There, hovering above the Seward home, is a massive spacecraft. A silver monstrosity, festooned with lights and floating silently. Stunned, no one moves until the blue creatures appear behind them, and then there’s chaos.

Franklin: Stay together!

But in their fright, the group fractures, and they all run off in different directions.

Franklin: Well shit. [and he disappears into the woods]

Day Three ResultsX

Abandoned Cabin
Little blue creatures, spaceships and now some weirdo in a tin foil hat. Tonight has definitely pushed you beyond your limit. Paranormal investigation had always been your dream, but times like these makes you wish you had finished college. Maybe became a scientist or a jet pilot, and finished that interocitor for your friend Exeter. Who know what would have happened after that.
(+1 Raffle Point)

Campground
Stumbling across the campground, you pray for some sign of life. But no, if you had to give it a thought, there wouldn't be anyone out here at this time of year. Still, you go from cabin to cabin, knocking on each door, to no avail. Suddenly a crow flies overhead, cawing loudly and making you jump. Not the kinda life you were looking for.
(Murder on the Wing)

Dark Cave
Wandering through a shadowy, spooky forest on a Halloween night, while being pursued by creatures from outer space, how could it get any worse? Oh great, a dark cave. That's not ominous at all. You fear what might possibly be inside, but, weighing the options, you decide you're more afraid of what's outside. Thankfully the cave appears empty, save for a few articles of clothing. Weird. You don't know why, but you get the feeling they may have belonged to a bear of smarter than average intelligence.
(Ranger Hat - Sage, Debonair Tie - Mint Chocolate, Sage and White Collar)

McPherson House
So, you've been abducted. But think of it this way; Tommy left his camera on. It'll make a great found footage film.
(End of Investigation - See F.A.Q.)

Old Well
If the movies are to be believed, old wells in the middle of the woods are a big no bueno. They're home to vengeful spirits, ancient curses, demonic beasties or some other kinda evil that wants to rip off your face. Good thing this isn't a movie, and the small stone structure is just an old wishing well.
(+700g )

Picnic Area
Running and running, as fast and far as your crazy legs will carry you. On the brink of exhaustion, you finally stop and find yourself in a clearing full of tables. A picnic area. Boy are you glad to find somewhere to sit. On the table is an abandoned picnic basket. Looking inside, you're surprised to find it full. Now here's the question... You've dealt with ghosts. You've dealt with aliens. But will you take on a sandwich of indeterminate age?
(Picnic Set)

Ranger's Station
You ran. You ran so far away, A Flock of Seagulls would be proud. Following alongside the road, you eventually come to the ranger's station. Thank god! 'Our rangers are always on duty', the sign proudly proclaims. But pounding on the door brings no response. What the heck?! You're so upset, you don't feel bad about pilfering from the donation box.
(+800g )

Ravine
Racing through the woods, desperately trying to escape, you emerge into a moonlit clearing. It's a ravine. But what's that?! Three luminescent orbs, floating above the waters surface. Where did they come from?

Where is everybody?X

-- Abandoned Cabin
Cora - *_*
DivineHeart - *_*
Nema - *_*
spicedroses - *_*
Velvet - *_*

-- Campground
dragoness129 - *_*
GummyBearKisses - *_*
Kay - *_*
Whisper Invictus - *_*

-- Dark Cave
Divacita - *_*
Dystopia - *_*
LaVida - *_*
Nephila - *_*
Roachi - *_*
Rochiel Silverfire - *_*
Saravi Boo - *_*
Shadami - *_*
Xo~GREMLIN~oX - *_*

-- McPherson House
Kent - *_*
salvete - *_*

-- Old Well
GwenaHikari - *_*
Hadsvich - *_*
HIM_ROCK - *_*
Mageling - *_*
woohoohelloppl - *_*
xoxoAngiexoxo - *_*

-- Picnic Area
Damia Flagg - *_*
EirianHikari - *_*
Elirona - *_*
Q U E E N - *_*

-- Ranger's Station
Chexala - *_*
musasgal - *_*
numerica - *_*
sadrain - *_*
star2000shadow - *_*
SuperZombiePotatoe - *_*
wish - *_*
Xogizmoox - *_*

-- Ravine
Arinia Dreamdancer - *_*
blueblackrose - *_*
Cardinal Biggles - *_*
Maha-Aamir - *_*
Midian - *_*
Mimmu - *_*
Miscreant74 - *_*
Naisou - *_*
Razak - *_*
shinigamikarasu - *_*
zigbigadorlube - *_*

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-02-2015 at 07:57 PM..