View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 02:31 AM

Uranaya blushed as she realized she'd slipped but said nothing. She had been raised in such a strict, formal society where one's place was strictly determined by birth or religious importance. Being informal, especially with one so attractive to her, was...difficult. Still, she focused on trying to do things the 'human' way and speak english. She would find her resolve broken quickly, however, as he explained. She had never thought such things possible! For someone to play god like that....

"Minarr.... Kay Orrie Lee" She muttered to herself. It was a fairly simple oath in her native tongue. Minarr meant similar to the english shocked 'damn!' and Kay Orrie Lee meant heavens/divine help her. Well technically it was Her, Heavens help! due to Faeliran putting the focus/noun/subject of the statement before the statement itself. She shook her head and glanced at the robot a moment, feeling her own empathy and sorrow. She too wished she could do something... when she realized she had done it again she instantly realized two things. One, his earlier understanding of De'Onnie meant he likely understood she'd just cursed which was a major no no to her people equal to spitting or something nasty like that and two, she had done it again and slipped out of English mode. She looked over at him with horror in her bright blue eyes.

"I ...I apologize...I d...didn't mean to respond...quite that way. I see you're point. Please do forgive my rudeness" She said quietly, bowing slightly again. She did restrain herself from giving a more formal Fealiran apology at least. She would sit up quickly again to see his reaction, eyeing him from under her dark lashes. Would he be angry with her? He'd been so nice to her and made her feel like less of a freak by knowing so much of her people...would that all be over?

((XD yes cursing in front of a guy you barely know would get you in deep trouble in Fealiran society. >.< being able to control yourself is a really, really big deal to them.)))