View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 PM

He was so tense, though slowly he forced his body to relax a bit. "N-no..I didn't...I didn't m-mean it like that!" For a moment he looked almost as if she had hurt his feelings. She could have just been teasing, but to Virsat's ears she had made it sound like he was just trying to cruelly turn her away. "I-it would b-be safer...I..I don't want you to get hurt!" That desperation was in his eyes again, the emotion pure and clear, those last seven words he had spoken with a bit of strength and such certainty in his voice.

Virsat looked away quickly, biting his bottom lip. The shadows around him seemed to quiver but that could have just been a trick of the light. His body stiffened slightly. "I-it c-could be dangerous f-for you...I-if hunters show up." He spoke the words softly, quietly. An added explanation for why he thought she should leave. Blame it on the hunters. Blame it on them having to no regard for anything but payment for slaying. Keep her safe from his master. The vampire flinched slightly a pang of guilt in his chest. He was betraying his master.

The creature needed food, and food was getting scarce in these parts, so it wouldn't do at all to frighten away that food before a decision to move somewhere else had been made. Virsat knew he would most likely be punished for this later, but not right now. Not in front of a person that wasn't enchanted by the spell, the other patrons wouldn't have noticed, because of the spell placed over them.

His red eyes swept around the inn, noting that two patrons were missing. His master had eaten twice instead of once. That was foolish, to eat two when there were already so few. His food source wouldn't last long enough if he kept that up but Virsat couldn't exactly scold his master.