View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-26-2012, 10:26 PM

Professor Frederick von Humboldt
You and your friends cautiously approach the laboratory. As you prepare to make your way inside, suddenly a figure appears from a darkened corner of the building. Your crew readies themselves for a fight, but are relieved to see that it is a surviving scientist.

"Thank you for coming to rescue me! I was sure that my number was up. --- Who am I? I am Professor Frederick von Humboldt. I work here in this laboratory. Earlier this evening, my colleagues and I were preparing to leave the building and join in the Halloween festivities, when suddenly all hell broke loose.

But tell me, what is happening around town? --- I see. Oh dear. Then he's actually done it. You are, no doubt, curious as to what is happening to our small, peaceful town of Pondunkia. I will tell you.

Months ago, we were working on a machine. The purpose of this machine was to alter molecular structures and change the density of building materials and the like. We finished our build and set about to testing it. Amazingly, the results were not what we expected. The machine created a hole in space, a 'portal' if you like. A dimensional portal, to an alternate reality! This, of course, was an astonishing find, one with the potential to change our world forever. With more research and some calibration, we were able to divert the portal's destination. We discovered new and strange realities. Some of them disturbing. We all agreed that the machine needed much more testing. All, save for one.

His name is Dr. Wongo. He was a mysterious figure among our group, having worked at Podunkia Laboratories for a short time. He had a brilliant mind, but an almost sinister demeanor. To employ the common vernacular, there was just something not right about him. The Portal Generator needed more testing, but he argued that it had been tested enough. And more shockingly, he suggested that we should use the machine for our own designs. This was unthinkable. From then on, I was sure to keep a sharp eye on him. But in vain, it seems.

Two weeks ago, Dr. Wongo and I were the last in the building. We were set to depart for the night, but he wanted to stay behind. There was work to be done, he said. And against my better judgement, I left him. The next day he and the Portal Generator were gone.

We wondered if that would be the last we'd hear from Dr. Wongo, but tonight he returned. The man has gone mad! He's using the Portal Generator to open a path to a terrifying dimension. The Halloween Dimension! He aims to flood our world with nightmarish creatures, so that Halloween will last forever!

We have to stop him. Somewhere in the building is a second machine. Fearing what he may do, I created the Portal Disruptor. It is the only thing that can stop the Portal Generator and defeat Dr. Wongo. You must find it!

But be wary, it is not the only thing that waits inside."

Analysis Room
300g
On further analysis, it seems you're now a bit richer. :D

Clean Room

The Clean Room doesn't appear to actually be clean. It looks like someone has dumped the linens from Decontamination onto the floor, like a kid hiding its dirty laundry in the closet to pass room inspection -- at any rate, you grab the nearest lump of lab coats in case you decide to suit up to protect your outfit from contaminants.

Decontamination Room
The decom room is currently contaminated by various blood spatters. But there's no sign of life inside. There's not much of anything, really. Just a few wall mounted nozzles and an overhead shower. [Nothing]

Lab A

Lab A houses the rodents that you imagine must be part of whatever experiments are conducted here in the lab. Across from a wall of rodent cages, you spot what appears to be a giant rat head. You're not sure if it's a novelty item or part of the scientists' work, but you decide to take it with you.

Lab B
500g
Scientifically speaking, you're now rollin' in it! :3

Subject Room
Those who search the Subject room quickly subject themselves to disappointment; there's nothing here but a bad pun and some sterile furniture. [Nothing]

Storage

Frankie
SUBDUED
All of Frankie's friends agree that he has a good head on his shoulders, as good as you can get off a rotting corpse. He has an electric personality and is great with children, when he's not drowning them. His turn ons are long walks through the bog and shiny things. His turn offs are fire and pitchforks. He hopes to someday meet a special woman to be his bride. [+1 Point]

Office

Archimedes the Parrot
You've successfully rescued Archimedes the Parrot. Good job! Professor von Humbolt will be most pleased. Not only because he's a treasured lab mascot, but also cause Archimedes has a doctorate in astrophysics from MIT. [+2 Points]

Conference Room

The Portal Disruptor
"You've done it! You've found the Portal Disruptor! But drat, that blasted monster's made a mess of it. In its current state of disrepair we have no chance of defeating Dr. Wongo, and everything here in the lab is now broken beyond use. There is no other option. We must search the town for new parts and those who can help rebuild the machine. I hope you're all up to the endeavor." [+2 Points]

Where is everyone?X

Here's where folks are:

Analysis Room - 300g - ALL SENT
DariaMorgendorfer - Link SENT
dragoness129 - Link SENT
GwenaHikari - Link SENT
iC[a]ndy - Link SENT
Iroase Delschatten - Link SENT
Ling - Link SENT
maidenroseheart - Link SENT
Popcorn Gun - Link SENT
Seito - Link SENT
wish - Link SENT

Clean Room - Lab Coats - ALL SENT
Cora Lorington - Link SENT
EirianHikari - Link SENT
Emma Corin - Link SENT
Kilia - Link SENT
mewmew07 - Link SENT
MintyRey - Link SENT
zibigadorlube - Link SENT

Conference Room
Ascadellia - Link
Death_to_the_reaper - Link
fireprincess - Link
Knerd - Link
Nephila - Link
Whisper Invictus - Link
Velvet - Link

Decontamination Room
Antagonist - Link
Cardinal Biggles - Link
Ferra - Link
*Hime* - Link
Hummy - Link
Kamikaze Kendra - Link
lizrd356 - Link
Roachi - Link
Seridano - Link
Shadami - Link
Shania583 - Link
Superstition - Link
Vickyll3 - Link

Lab A - Pyotr's Head - ALL SENT
Emasaurus - Link SENT
Flink - Link SENT
Kat Magenta - Link SENT
Liztress - Link SENT
neller - Link SENT
Precarious Fool - Link SENT
Shishunki - Link SENT

Lab B - 500g - ALL SENT
Arinia Dreamdancer - Link SENT
Carzeebear - Link SENT
d2hiriyuu - Link SENT
Divacita - Link SENT
GinKadia - Link SENT
Kalium - Link SENT
Lacrimosa - Link SENT
Mageling - Link SENT
SaraviBoo - Link SENT
shinigamikarasu - Link SENT
spicedroses - Link SENT
star2000shadow - Link SENT
WherededIGo - Link SENT
Wrenji-chan - Link SENT

Office
Angel Spirit Girl - Link
Damia Flagg - Link
Gmwolflord - Link
Izumi - Link
LizzyCollinsDeArc - Link
Maria-Minamino - Link
Razak - Link
sushi_mew - Link
ToriKat - Link
Triquetra - Link

Storage
Amorphous Metal - Link
Anglie - Link
Athilea Majiri - Link
EverlastingRitz - Link
Hadsvich - Link
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - Link
Ivvy - Link
Kay - Link
kemii - Link
Sho-Shonojo - Link
Spunky3 - Link
Vinyl - Link

Subject Room
Artsydaze - Link
blueblackrose - Link
Codette - Link
Darth Mudkip - Link
Dystopia - Link
Flowery Pit - Link
HIM_ROCK - Link
Kent - Link
~LONGCAT~ - Link
lunanuova - Link
Woofie267 - Link

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-04-2012 at 04:39 AM..