View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 PM

Ixera smirked at the girl, it seemed she really was learning from Yu if she understood that, though her reply made the woman's smirk disappear briefly before she smiled a little more simply,
"Sometimes; you are better off not understanding." Her eyes switched over to Kiernan and she smirked again, "Clean your ears out, I said she was precious, but not to me specifically, though you could say I am rather attached to her." She paused then chuckled, "Oh how time flies.. It doesn't matter, it is an old story not worth telling yet. I highly doubt she even remembers who I am or what I look like, nor does it affect present circumstances, so drop that subject." Ixera stated bluntly, she was rather adamant about it being left alone.

As Ixera walked she heard Cara's question about how the ship was powered, but she chuckled again,
"My dear sibling student, pure power alone does not lift the Iskander, let alone does it control every aspect of how it moves, it is the management of power to many different parts of it that all function in their own way. And if I even began to explain a single part, it would take weeks of explanation in terms of science and technology. While I am sure you are gifted in magic, this is not your field." The woman rested a hand on her hip, staring around her ship briefly before looking at Cara again, "Though if I had to make a simple comparison, the core of its power is strong enough that if it exploded where it is currently rested, it would level this entire mountain and leave behind a crater, likely setting the nearby forests ablaze and raining destruction across Austaros. It is because of things like that we have laws about not revealing too much about technology to worlds like yours."

She waved her hand lazily a little but then folded her arms,
"Magic is no different to technology, it all depends how you use it and why. I admire healers, those who use their power to help the land, those talented smiths who enchant their weapons, those tailors who give their dresses and garments subtle and beautiful properties. But there must always be people like us, who can use our power to defend others, or to destroy our enemies." She stared at Kiernan as Cara mentioned his prosthetic more directly, once more she took up his false arm, more gently this time, there was no force or strength behind her grip, "What I've done the last decade or so was find ways to mix magic and technology into something more profound. I already have many devices and many theories for grander designs but my resources are also limited at times. Where I am from we have fully functioning replacements for limbs, and many of our inner organs. They require no magic. But they would also not have functioned in this magic environment. I have already experimented with this manner of technology, if you want a new arm that does not stunt your capabilities, I can craft it. In fact you could be the first to use such a device, if you are also prepared to protect the secret of the technology behind it." Her eyes gleamed as she stared at Kiernan with a smirk,
"I would also consider it a prerequisite for trusting you with protecting Numira."

She dropped his arm and rubbed her chin curiously, her thoughts turning to the mention of that Commander and the imported technology,
"Perhaps, however, I am not the first to come up with this idea.. I will need to see for myself, I suppose." She shrugged calmly, folding her arms again and turning her head towards where Numira rested, though Ixera paused briefly then looked at Kiernan, "Ah yes, Titans, I forgot to mention. They are similar to what Zed described.. Large Metal Knights? However built from our technology. They were designed to protect high ranking members of our society. Useless on this world. As Hecate found out." She glanced at Hecate, the machine, glanced towards her then to Cara and Kiernan,
"My original body was estimated at ten feet tall, however when Mistress Ixera was in trouble, my attempts to save her were thwarted by the disruptive power of magic over technology. She has since refitted me in the same manner she has described to you. My failing cost her the use of her left arm."
At this, Ixera pulled up the left sleeve of her outfit and pulled off the glove. In its place was a smooth metallic replacement, several shifting plates and sectioned fingers. Its movements were practically natural though. She slipped her glove back on and lowered her sleeve,
"Up to the shoulder. An unpleasant experience, but a valuable lesson to learn from." She stated simply, though her head turned towards Numira again.

The figure in the bed stirred, shifting a little before she eventually sat up. Her head hung low at first as she dizzily tried to get her balance. It was nice to be able to move again at least, but she still felt heavy. Yet at the same time, there was a strange new sensation in her, she didn't quite recognize it yet. Her bleary red eyes stared around the room. She was strangely surprised, this wasn't some backwater planet. It was a solid place, a ship maybe? a medical bay.
Had she dreamed it all? Had she cried her heart out to an imaginary being? Had she sung for no-one. These doubts faded fast as she looked up and spotted Kiernan. Cara.. A robot..? And a woman..?