View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:33 PM

As her free hand moved to his chest, Kiernan felt his heart thrum pleasantly with the contact. As she spoke of pain, he listened calmly, allowing his own guilt to slip as she moved in for another embrace. A small smile ghosted over his features as he moved to return the embrace, his arms folding gently around her as he rested his head gently over hers. For a moment his eyes closed, some peace finally coming to him again as he relished the feel of having her in his arms again. Hearing her speak of matters of the heart settled his inwards conflict for the time. It was oddly calming, to hear that she no longer felt heartsick, as she had claimed to have been at home. Adjusting his chin a little, he moved just enough so to plant a firm kiss upon her forehead. Then, parting slightly, one of his hands moved to gently brush across one of her cheeks thoughtfully, tucking a strand lock of hair behind her ear.

Kiernan simply looked her over for a quiet moment before speaking up in softer tones, "I am happy to hear your heart no longer hurts." A smile graced his features, then, as he hesitantly worked at forming the right words. "Mine would have been in pain for quite a time if I had lost you. It's quite enthusiastic that I did not." He admitted with a slight chuckle, acutely aware of how quickly it now thrummed in his chest. A slight tint of embarrassment took his cheeks as he raised his other hand to rub the back of his head. He was, more or less, now back to his boyish way of acting.

~ . ____________________________ . ~

Veila came to a pause as a few among the ground troops initiated contact with the woman, watching calmly as the first fell to instead batting imaginary beings from himself and the other turned so quickly on his comrades. "Monsters?" She wondered aloud, hesitant to draw conclusions here. It would appear she certainly had some kind of control of them, at least with her words. The fact that she appeared to have regenerated was more than curious, as well. Veila's brow drew together slightly as she considered the possibilities here. She heard Kain and Benoit speaking, but nearly glazed over their words as she tried to figure out this woman for herself. Perhaps attempting to engage her would be their only option, is she was to remain in their path. It appeared that the woman's attention had been drawn to her, after all. The hand grasping her golem's blade tightened, leaving the other sheather for now as she slowly stepped over the men seemingly dancing about at her feet.

Casting a glance in Kain's direction as a measure of hesitance, Veila let out a low sigh as she positioned herself into a calmed sort of stance. "My energy will wear down if I'm uneasy of my circumstances. If my flames go out, feel free to take me down." She spoke in a casual manner to the other pilots, thinking of how this woman had already turned one comrade against his friends. Veila left her other blade sheather, not as a confident gesture, but one of caution. If need be, an extra limb to assist in movement would prove to give her more options if this didn't go over well. She'd been called a toy, a marvelous play thing the other seemed to wish to inspect-- her insides curdled at the thought. Perhaps that was not far from truth, in some regard. Arnoult shouted at her to get on with it from below, but she merely drowned out his voice. It was surprisingly easy to cut the strings she felt controlling her in his presence, especially in such a machine. Her first move was calculated, simple, a means of simply testing how they should handle this woman; Veila's golem swept forward in a long, quick stride, blade sweeping before her to leave a blazing trail of fire in the earth as she curled her weapon towards the woman.