View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 09-16-2014, 09:36 PM

Numira stared around the room at first, she heard the rumblings overhead, the sound alone was making her want to prepare for combat, but she couldn't just use her suit here. However Kiernan's approach, the sound of his chuckling, then the arm wrapped around her all served to make her tensed from slowly relax. She tensed only briefly as a bolt struck in the distance, but she turned her head towards him, her brow knitted together with worry,
"Storming..? Lightning..?" She thought on the words. Those were natural phenomena on some worlds, but she'd never experienced them in person.

Reassuring words from Kiernan made her smile meekly as she watched his hand brush the strands from her face, though she then looked at his metal hand with a little concern, frowning a little,
"I did not.. Damage..?" She questioned, reaching for it to gently hold it between her hands like before, gazing at the area where she had been squeezing. However this was constructed, she was surprised it hadn't been dented. Was this an effect of magic reinforcing it in some way? She wrapped her hands around it, with the same care she would with a normal hand and looked up at Kiernan again with a smile, "I am relieved.."

Her focus shifted to the window, though she leaned in closer to Kiernan, his warmth against her back kept her comfortable as she watched what she could see, there was wind making the trees sway and the flashes of light and distant thunder still rumbling overhead,
"That sound is so terrible.. Like the sound of war.." She stated, shrinking into Kiernan for that comfort he was giving her as she wrapped her arms around herself, shivering a little in place. War was one thing she didn't want any part in, yet she knew how strangely inevitable it was, "There are terrible weapons.. Weapons that make that sound.." Numira added, gripping at her sleeves, face still drawn downwards, "I like to sing, better.. So much nicer sound.."