View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:36 AM

Seeing her relax into his form, an easy smile passed over Kiernan's face as he let his other arm rise to wrap around her in more of a hug. While earlier he had been hesitant of affectionate gestures such as this with her, now he felt all too comfortable in gently folding her into his embrace. He felt the need to keep her safe, but also to ensure that she feels safe. Therefore, as she turned to him appearing rather worry-struck, he returned her gaze was a gentle smile. "There's nothing to fear." He spoke softly, noting how she had leaned towards him. This sent a hum deep into his chest, a warmth he hadn't anticipated. Holding her tenderly as she faced away from him, he leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on her shoulder. "I promise, I'll protect you." Kiernan added quietly after a few moments, words firm.

As she questioned over his metal hand, he looked down at it once more with a soft sigh. "Ah, well..." He watched as she took his hand within hers, a small smile lining his lips at the familiar sight. "It's been through quite a bit worse. Not that you don't have quite a grip." He chuckled a little, a bit hesitant to speak in detail of it. The prosthetic was an eyesore to him, truly, no matter how often he looked it over or cleaned it. It was a reminder of failure, of brutal magic power, of Draskone. "What little magic I can use nowadays... it all goes into this. It allows it to move, but it also protects it. I'm no good one-handed." He spoke with a twinge of regret, though he had decided he did not mind telling her of it after all. His golden eyes lingered on it as she held it before trailing back to her face, just studying her in the slightly dimmed lighting of the room-- admiring her.

Hearing her speak of war, Kiernan's own body tensed just a bit. It was not a foreign concept to him in the least sense, but the idea of one occurring now still threw him off guard. Things were certainly tense within the area, but he couldn't imagine that. He couldn't let himself imagine that. Expression sobering a little, he nonetheless allowed himself to relax again by her side. "I've never heard of such weapons," he began at first, then shook his head. They didn't need to speak of war. Clearing his throat a little, he smile at Numira in his boyish manner. "Would you mind singing for me? It might take your mind off of the storm." He asked as a suggestion, rather liking the idea himself.