View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 09-19-2014, 04:28 AM

Numira shrank a little in place after finishing, her form seemed smaller than it was, honestly it was hard to tell that she was any sort of fighter at all with such a frame. She placed her hands on her knees eyes lowered to the ground as she wrung her dress softly, uncomfortably. Even as lightning struck outside, she didn't seem to flinch much anymore, his question hadn't unnerved her, but it was difficult to answer, finding the correct words in his language and hoping the translators didn't make her sound any stranger than she usually did,
"It was.. A song that.. Well.. It asks to escape.. Freedom.. To see the sun.. Hard to explain. It is much about images with hidden thoughts.." She struggled to explain it but honestly the translators were letting her know that her words were broken and possibly confused, she could only hope she got the idea across that it was a song that metaphorically called for freedom from darkness.

She continued to fiddle with her dress, her lips shifting a little. It took only a moment before the silver of tears could be seen drawing lines down her face, but she looked up at Kiernan, reaching up with her sleeves to brush them away, she sniffled briefly and tried to take in a deep breath but it wasn't so effective, so between slight gasps and the obvious fight against sobs she spoke again,
"People of Kiranes, take pride in heart names, chosen names are ones given to us at birth, but-" She coughed a little, "-heart names are special, it means we are close friends, or family, or lovers," Numira added, pulling a sleeve across her face, "W-we choose it ourselves, we learn to choose s-something that means something to us..!" She continued, pulling as brave a face as she could muster, "My heart name is Signes Moriaghanis, I sing in silence because no-one cared for my heart..!" This was the cue for her to burst into tears and cry because she could no longer hold back the hurtful tide of bad memories that bore down on her. Almost instinctively she sat forward quickly and held her arms around Kiernan's neck. There had been a slight error in what she'd said, one she hadn't noticed, for she said the word Cared, rather than Cares.

Meanwhile out in the village, a silver-haired man was standing near the center of town as he stared up at the sky, he had been rather annoyed when he woke up, hell, he'd been robbed! He was saving a girl and it turned out she was a bandit too! What a fix, if he got home, his sister would beat the hell out of him, well, at least if she found out.. He grumbled, rubbing his head in annoyance. The cloak she'd left though, that was the weird part. Why did she leave him covered in her cloak? he wasn't able to not be at least a little curious. Wasn't hard for him to track the trial of those two bandits to the town, but he hadn't found anything since then.
His eyes shifted briefly as he watched the sky, he could feel it. This storm was natural, but his attunement to lightning made it easier to predict, especially as he could practically see where the next strike would occur. So far it hadn't done much damage tot he village, but this next one..

Without a second though he dashed forward, almost running straight into a pretty blond girl in a short cloak, though he danced around her with a broad grin,
"Comin' through! I gotta catch me some lightning!" He yelled as he run towards a building. energy gathered at his feet and he leaped up high, landing deftly on a building. A spark flashed on his left hand and he cut the air above him in an arc. A bolt of lightning struck down through the sky, landing on his hand mid-swing. As he finished the swing the bolt was thrown off course, breaking apart into several arcs the scattered across the nearby cobblestone roads.
The white-haired man whooped loudly with laughter, placed his hands on his hips as he did so,
"That's right! I can cut lightning from the sky!" He announced proudly, "You can't beat m-"
He was cut off as a second bolt struck down on him, proving the old theory false. Being a lightning rod wasn't exactly something to be thankful for. Smoke rose off the standing man, his hair frizzed into an even wilder fashion than before as he coughed briefly before sitting down on the house and resting his head on his hand with an irritated face whilst he stared up at the sky,
"Well played.."

Last edited by HC-Gal; 09-19-2014 at 06:48 PM..