View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:29 AM

Kiernan felt a great sense of relief as she seemed to calm with his words, her hands rising to grasp his as she looked up at him with perhaps the sweetest expression he'd yet seen from her. His smiled broadened as she did so, wishing to be encouraging as his arms remained gently looped around her. While she had just sung a rather saddening song- so much so that it got this sort of reaction out of her- he was looking forward to hearing her singing voice again. It had been a beautiful, surreal even, experience for him. He loved the thought of reliving it under better circumstances. As he felt her press closer to him again, he fully relaxed, his own arms rising to hold her in close as his chin rested just above her head.

It was a special warmth, to be beside her like this. It was peaceful, it felt right. Kiernan hadn't experience such a sensation in quite a while. He couldn't help but reman smile, nodding slightly with her instruction. "I would love to hear your voice again... and..." He responded first, pausing before adding, "I understand. I'll keep it between us." Feeling her gently nudge his chin, he pulled his head slightly back to look down at her. "I am glad I could help." He replied with a gentle voice, having been hesitant that he would comfort her. Her words had warmed him, his chest feeling as if full of some pleasant flame as he simply looked down at her for a few quiet moments. Kiernan did truly feel at peace there with her, especially now that they had seemed to jump a hurdle, so to speak.

It was after a few quiet moments of simply sitting there with her, savoring the sweet taste of the moment, that a thought crossed his mind. Slowly, his hands moved to her waist to allow his head to move from over hers. He drew a hand up to her face, gently lifting her chin with one of his thumbs as his golden gaze studied her features for a moment. Then, motions firm with the gamble, Kiernan leaned in to gently press his lips to Numira's.

Cara sighed softly with his response, shaking her head a little. "There's a good balance of planning. One that allows you to at least think of things before risking your life." She replied, a tad dryly. The random words that seemed to spill from his mouth them on lead her to confusion, so she chose not to mind them, particularly the parts of the witch he ran into. What sort of head trauma was this man suffering from? One of her hands rose to her temple as she turned to look at him. "Well... Thanks." She added after a moment, at least accepting the compliment even if she assumed the man to be crazy. A compliment from another trained magician was a compliment she would accept, regardless. What he was going on about, she didn't know. She wasn't sure she even cared, but still... "What're you talking about? You get into a fight or something?" She finally asked, a tad frustrated, though now bothered enough to wonder.

At his question, her eyes widened a tad. They were blunt words, coming from a weirdo. Rubbing her forehead, she stared at him in disbelief. She must be imagining this. "Cara. My name's Cara." She replied nonetheless after a few moments, then noted the lack of lightning coming down. Instead, the rain seemed to be picking up, leading her to draw her hood higher up over her head. "How about we go inside now, eh, Zed?" She questioned casually, a tad hesitant about remaining in the man's presence, especially with the rain really coming down like this.