View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:44 PM

After a few minutes of rushing to correct his mistake, Kiernan looked down at his sloppy work and let out a soft sigh. Setting down the carrot he'd been in the process of hastily chopping as well as the knife he'd used, he realized the futility in his rushing. He couldn't recreate that damned stew. Cara would be home soon, she'd kill him, and then she'd have to work to make dinner again. Frowning a bit childishly, his insides curdled with distaste in the idea of his sister working so hard. She'd just ran out to do storm damage control, and to come home to no dinner? Sighing in frustration, Kiernan shook his head as a hand rose to rub his temples. Cara always seemed to be doing more than he ever could.

It was then that he heard Numira, his gaze trailing over to see her perched against the window, watching the rain. The look on her face eased his warring insides, a grin immediately rising to his face. He realized he'd perhaps been rude to all of a sudden dart away from her. Wishing to correct it now, now that the stew was unsalvageable, he sheepishly walked over to where she stood and stopped beside her. He, too, looked out the window with a small smile. "It really is... Do you not have rain where you're from?" He questioned curiously, golden gaze swerving from the window to her form. Then, hesitantly, he explained himself. "I'm sorry I jumped up so quickly. I burned the stew. I was going to try recreating it before Cara got home, but... Well, I'm not much of a cook." Kiernan rubbed his cheek shyly, gaze dipping to the floor.

As Zed followed suit and leapt down, she cringed at the thud that sounded as he met the ground a bit roughly. Cara was about to make a comment on it, but she shook her head a little and grinned instead. She'd already made the point that he was reckless, and she saw it was of no use to do so again. Her gaze took to his hair for a few moments, finding the different way it was falling now curious compared to how he's previously had it styled, but she said nothing of it as her gaze instead shifted and she adjusted her hood again.

His words made her pause where she stood, though, eyes widening a little at his teasing comments. A frustrated hint of pink rose to her cheeks, not that it would be visible in the rain. Her hands clasped themselves into fists as she turned her head away from him. She wouldn't admit that she took some compliment from him, not when he had to tease her about it like that. Her lips pursed for a moment before she let out a short sigh. "Don't kid yourself, I never invite weird men into my home. I live in the capitol." She replied with a bit of a sassy bite in her tone, not liking what he'd seemed to insinuate. "It's just because you helped the village. Besides, it's only for a few hours, and it's at my brother's." She spoke a bit rushed, a mixture of frustration and embarrassment clouding her mind as she began to walk again.

"I can take care of myself." She then added a few moments later, finally looking back over at him to find him staring. Her lips parted slightly, unused to such blatant attention, and her gaze shifted away immediately. "My brother's a bit of a reckless idiot, anyways..." Cara admitted, with a softer voice as she wondered about the strange guest he'd also invited in. Certainly he wouldn't mind this goof staying to wait out the storm, too.