Thread: Hail Hydra???
View Single Post
WindySummer

Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 PM

I don't follow the comics either but I heard about this and it makes me so mad! It's really disrespectful of the character and the creators too, who as Bearzy said, were both Jewish. As I understand it, Captain America was created in the 1940s as kind of a personification of American values, and was meant to kind of act as a beacon of hope. That's why the cover of the first comic book featuring him literally has him literally punching Hitler in the face. It was a difficult time for your average American, the war had such a huge impact on people's lifestyles with so many necessities being rationed, so Cap was meant to be a patriotic pick me up. So having him, the literal personification of American values, be the in-universe equivalent of a Nazi not only doesn't make sense, it goes against the very core of his character.

Also does he not wield the mjolnir at one point or another? You know, the weapon that will only be wielded by people who are pure at heart and worthy of it? Thought to be fair that might be another universe, I don't keep track of the comics at all so I have no idea if that's even true or not hahaha