View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:50 PM

As footsteps neared the entry to the dining room, Dorian glanced up in their direction briefly, unsure of whether to simply expect servants or something more. Seeing Akio wasn't beyond his thoughts, but it was still something of a surprise when he hadn't been sure what to expect of him. Sitting up a bit, Dorian's eyes glimmered with quiet curiosity at the sight before him. So, Akio had been given the new dress clothes he had requested for him. Good. The curious thing, however, was the choice his tailor made.

The tailor had seemed to know what suited his form, what highlighted his eyes, what would draw Dorian's attention. Eyes lingering on the other for a few moments, a grin passed over his face as he took in his appearance before resting his gaze back on the wine he held. It was a curious thing that he found the look attractive. Certainly, it brought out the other's physical attributes, but something about it also seemed to better showcase the softness in his form. That which was distinctly human, yet compassionate. Dorian's mind briefly trekked to the kindness he'd been shown last night, just in time to be met with more.

Lifting his eyebrows a little, Dorian's golden gaze lifted once more to Akio, and found himself with little to reply with. What could he say to that? He mused, he could twist the words delightfully, but... That wasn't what he wanted to do. "Good morning." He favored, speaking almost hesitantly, as if unsure of the words. They weren't a part of his daily vocabulary, just as thank you, please, and other such things were lost to him. "I do feel rather well-rested," he then added in reply, slowly, not bothering to admit that he hadn't had the best of nights sleep-wise. He did still feel rejuvenated, in a way. "I trust you found the room and other necessities all present, and to your liking?" Dorian then questioned, with the thoughts of merely asking if he had what he needed, though his phrasing failed to hide the hint of humanity that tugged at him this morning.

That dream had done its work on him, leaving Dorian with an ache on his collar where his seal lie throbbing. Rubbing it through his shirt gingerly, he then considered the other's next words. How Akio could have considered the encounter nice, he wasn't sure. Dorian was aware he hadn't been the most pleasant of hosts, but Akio was his captive. Akio was a human captive, a young nobleman without any demonic tendencies. They could never come to find common ground. Yet, even as he wished to think this, Dorian knew it was not particularly true after last night. There had been something nice in it, something new and perhaps a taste of what was to come.

"I... am glad you enjoyed it. I rather did, myself." He spoke again, voice a bit distant as he had a hard time accepting himself saying the words he conjured. "Perhaps we can repeat such at another time." He then suggested, almost dismissive of the subject as he cleared his throat a little and gestured to the seat at the table beside him. "Please, come, sit." Dorian spoke in something of a surprise to himself, gesturing to the seat at his right. "I'll have my chef bring you out something to eat." The standing casually, he took with the cup sitting before the empty seat he'd gestured to, walking with it over to a small cart of various beverages that stood by the corner of the room. The servant manning it nodded in response to Dorian's earlier words, walking off to find the chef to make such happen without needing an order.

"Can I offer you a drink? Milk, juice... wine, perhaps?" He questioned, glancing at Akio from over his shoulder with just a dusting of amusement in his tone. The suggestion of wine was a jest of sorts, though without ill intent. Dorian, himself, was drinking it right now for lack of better way to handle his thoughts.