View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:01 AM

As his action was met with Akio's gaze, and no apparent distaste, a grin of sorts slid up along Dorian's lips. How he could handle this, this situation he found himself in, and still find it in himself to be kind was remarkable. It was truly something else. Akio was a strong, handsome young man... Dorian took this in now as he looked down at the other, again finding the light to suit him nicely. His free hand for a moment rose to gently brush past his cheek, thumb sliding along the soft skin there before he hesitantly removed his hand to meet Akio's whisper. What was love?

Dorian's eyes widened just a bit, but in truth perhaps this should be no surprise. Akio was a mere young man still, and not all get the chance for it in that time frame. Some died without it. "Perhaps you have not, but that does not mean your words were ill-placed." He spoke slowly after a moment, admitting once more that the other had indeed pegged him correctly. How he had taken such care into reading him, his emotions, Dorian didn't know. He just accepted it. Then began something a rather touching glimpse into his life, the restraints and responsibility he had lived under. Has lived under, Dorian noted to correct his thoughts, this young man was not on death's door. He wouldn't accept that thought. At the feeling of the other's hand resting atop his, he felt himself warm just a touch more again, distraught and yet oddly at peace here. He'd never been in a situation quite like this, no matter his years. Gaze moving to Akio, he had no words to speak of after he had mentioned his... unideal situation. It took no ingenuity for Dorian to understand that this circumstance was one he had put the prince in.

His jaw tensed at this, gaze moving to the safety of the window as he attempted in vain to find the right words. There simply were none. He couldn't correct his crimes against him, and he shouldn't want to, but Dorian now felt the weight of his impact here. He felt it in the cold backlash to the warmth he had felt but moments earlier. Even as he felt Akio's hand move to touch over his demonic seal, a surprising gesture, Dorian would not allow him his gaze. How could he? Even so, he couldn't help but to shift his gaze to him after his tone took a sudden lift in optimism. He was met with a warm smile. It was a stab to his heart, truly, but the sight still warmed him. He didn't know how something that made him feel so vile could warm him so.

Lacking words, at first, to reply to others he had said, Dorian began with what was easiest. "I am glad to have met you, as well." He admitted with a gentle voice, the confusion in his eyes twisting as he felt his insides curdle in distaste with the situation. This time, it was both his instincts and the human parts of him working in sync, one yelling that he shouldn't feel so fondly for a human while the other screamed that he had treated the young man cruelly. What could possibly make this right? Dorian couldn't. Instead, he hesitantly rose one of his hands to place atop the one Akio had set on his chest, his fingers curling around it gently to hold it there. "I may not have done you any favors, but you will be returned home alive." He spoke moments later, voice stronger as determination lit his gaze. This was the very least he could accomplish.

Then, sighing softly, he grinned. "If only things were simpler." He spoke briefly of how Akio claimed he could be good-- as if it were not something Dorian was capable of. Why, with his instincts now, he supposed maybe he wasn't. Even so, demons were not inherently good. "I was once a kind young man, but Hell has a way of twisting things." He spoke lowly, with distaste, the seal on his chest warming. It would not burn, but it hinted at the ability to do so. "Nevertheless," He spoke again, recalling what Akio had spoken of about his people, about being grateful, "I am sure your people will admire your kind heart. Besides, this experience may be something of an adventure to tell, no?" He chuckled a little, doubt crossing his mind once more as he gently took the hand Akio had placed on his chest, held it, then let it go as he turned to walk a few steps further into the room.

One of his hands rose to touch his brow, rubbing it gently as he caught the smallest echo of footsteps. After a few moments, it would be evident to him that someone was approaching the door. Buttoning the top buttons of his shirt once more, Dorian straightened it up before sighing and turning on his heel to promptly greet the servant that opened the door.

"Sire, General Togami and Commander Celes have arrived for the conference." He spoke up hesitantly.

"Very well, then. Send them to the--" Dorian began dismissively, but was interrupted.

"My apologies, my lord, but they're already--" The servant tried to explain, but a firm hand planted itself on the wood of the door, directly over his head as a figure appeared behind him. It was a man in a uniform not unlike Dorian's, in deeper colors of blacks and grey. He looked quite human, with the exception of patched scales rising about skin level in deep tones. He had a shock of blond hair atop his head, and icy blue, slanted eyes. A mischievous, darker glint lit Dorian's eyes at his mere presence, this court equal of his. The two had many strange face-offs of sorts, exchanges that tested one another. This would prove to be another one for the record.

Dorian recognized this man easily, stepping forwards to nod at him. "General Togami, a pleasure. You always seem to invite yourself in."

The man laughed darkly, eyes locking onto Akio's form as he stepped into the room. "I don't like being kept waiting, Arnoult."

"Please, friend, it's Dorian." He insisted.

"Then, friend, do call me Byakuya next time... This is your new play thing, yes?" Togami's attention turned too quickly for Dorian's liking, a scowl of sorts lining his lips as he glanced back at Akio hesitantly. This was his means of a nonverbal apology, before his gaze shifted back to the other man.

"Indeed. Prince Akio, of Eternia." He introduced calmly.

"He's a cute one. Have you had him yet?" Byakuya intruded all too quickly, a vile man truly, even by demon standards. He was cut off swiftly.

"If you would, let's move on to the conference room. I don't like having my meals eye-balled." Dorian insisted, gesturing politely towards the door.

Byakuya shifted where he stood for a moment before taking a step closer to Akio, now standing beside Dorian in the center of the room. "Byakuya Togami, General of the Central Demon Horde. It's a pleasure, little prince." He spoke darkly, with sinister intent simply dripping from his tone. He took another few steps forward, extending his hand as if to take Akio's, but Dorian's own arms cut him off before he got close enough to try.

"The conference will be held in the conference room, friend. Please do excuse us." Dorian spoke now with a cold edge in his voice, a dark aura sweeping up around the hand that had grabbed the general's forearm.

The general froze for a moment, looking between Dorian and that energy before sighing and smiling at his colleague as he stepped back and complied. "Don't have too much fun, Dorian. Do be quick." He commented suggestively, then laughing once more as he left the room with the servant, the servant bowing in his stead before closing the door.

Sighing and allowing one of his hands to rise to his temples again, he shot an apologetic grin at Akio. "It appears my guests have arrived a bit early. I shall have to go see to them, I suppose, before they adventure further... " The cold gleam from his eyes dimmed as he addressed Akio, though now his demeanor was quite a touch less soft. He was prepared to don his typical court manner again once he left.

Halloween hangout + contests!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-04-2014 at 04:23 AM..