View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-19-2015, 01:13 AM

The man chuckled at her. “That might be true little Miss, but you’re still barely an adult.” It was good that she seemed to be warming up to him, but still he had a decision to make. Would he leave her here to track her down later with her partner or would he make Alister wait. He was already late.

Not really listening Rufio began to shake his head while Aya spoke. Before she could finish what she was saying something ran into them both. It caused the young woman to reel back and him to grunt slightly from the impact. Out of instinct he caught the Aya’s arm to help her regain her footing before looking down to see what or who ran into them. His eye grew large at the sight of the girl laid flat on her back at their feet.

This one was younger than the first one he had run into earlier. Boy today was turning out to be rather…interesting. Letting go of Aya’s arm he offered Jennifer a smile. Again he chuckled. “That the little dove is.”

The hunter turned to the stranger again. “You should be more careful little dove. It wouldn’t do to get hurt out here in the middle of the forest.” Like he had been with the wind spirit’s partner earlier he was kind, feigning concern for the wisp as he spoke to her. “Also little dove it isn’t safe to be out here all alone. Are you lost as well little dove?” Rufio was subtle with his way of gaining answers to what he was curious about.

Since this new girl seemed to be a stranger even to his current companion he also introduced himself. “I am Fio. Mary and I were looking for the group she had been travelling with and got separated from. You wouldn’t have happened to have seen anyone near here would you?” That’s it keep up the kind act like before. You need to keep up this façade for now Rufio; soon you’ll find the truth you seek.

Even though it seemed like today was the hunter's lucky day were running into strange women was concerned another yet even stranger person appeared. This time it was a man clad in black. Rufio’s azure eye narrowed as he took in the appearance of the male who had made a rather flashy entrance.

At Shepard’s words he gave a light growl, his eye narrowing. Glance back and forth between the two girls, his relaxed stance changed to a more defensive one. “Do you two little doves know this flashy guy?”

Had they planned this to trap him? Did they know from the start that he was actually a bounty hunter? Curses, his plans were ruined. It didn’t matter the raven had no intentions of dying just yet. He would fight his way out of this if he had to.

“Threat? It seems like you’re the only threat here. I was merely helping out the little miss because she was lost. I’ve done nothing wrong.” Cautiously the hunter took a step back. His hand moved ever so slightly, ready to pull out his dagger if needed. Fight or run? Which should he do? Would he, could he leave Aya and Jennifer with this man? “Damn it,” he cursed under his breath.