View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 PM

He didn't let her look away for long, carefully taking her chin in his fingers and turning towards him. "You are beautiful," he told her, before pressing quick kiss to her forehead and then letting Sarah go to move to the mini-bar. "White, red or rose wine? Or maybe something stronger? What does the lady wishes tonight? You know, we could stay here for the night, although it would be a shame to keep you from being admired by the cream of the elite. Cannot say I am not thoroughly tempted, however." He had regained a mischievous expression as he filled his own glass with exquisite red wine.

"You must not come!" she spoke, voice raising a little higher and growing firmer. For a second, there was a silence as she stared at half dressed Mannik, as if looking for words to explain why. "He... He said he has been spying on me, in my house, he already had suspicion about you..." Adelmar ignored or simply didn't hear his questions about her welfare, although behind the vision line of camera, she was rubbing her wrists that were bruised. Red marks were also on her neck, but hidden by the clothes.

"I should report his death, let police deal with it. I am sure I can prove it was self defense. If he just disappeared, it could compromise everything and if anyone he reported to, if he did, guessed you were involved, it would be dangerous. You mustn't come." There was nearly frantic look in her eyes, she couldn't risk with him like this, why had she been such a fool to call him?

Pressing hand to her forehead as if it could stall her racing thoughts, her tone gained an edge of pleading. "But... Can I just talk you, for a moment, before I call the police? Please?" Why was he the one she wanted to hear talk, even if he couldn't and even shouldn't hug her and give support, not her fiancee or any other living soul in her reach? Her life was so messed up and she felt like drowning slowly, with some kind of dirty sludge filling her mouth and lungs.