View Single Post
apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka
Quote:
Originally Posted by apricotbaby
I have heard such lovely things about San Francisco and it's a city I have always wanted to see. Being nice and cool (and even foggy) makes it sound even dreamier! :o
  • It's a comfortable city. Kinda expensive housing and such, but that's a problem experienced in this area. If my family sold our modest 3 bed 2 bath single-story house where we live, we could buy a 10 acre plot of land with a 3 story house in Oregon.

If you do eventually go, i'd suggest maybe reserving a bit of money to allow a taxi driver to take you around on a tour. Some of them do because they know the city so well. Two other reasons why.
    1. They kinda have been losing money due to some new regulations by a lot of the cab companies so that the drivers aren't getting enough to break even sometimes.
    2. They're usually really nice and know just about everything about the basic history and such of the city.

One more thing. Don't make yourself look like a tourist because people might try to upsell stuff. So keep a camera in your pocket, but walk around.
    Oh. Forgot this. When walking up or down the steep streets in some parts of SF, try not to trip. It's pretty easy to if you're not used to them. :3
*grins @ "try not to skip"* I shall keep that in mind, my friend. hehehe

Thank you for the pointers! I hate looking like a tourist in any city. I know when I visit Philly and NYC, I can easily spot them, and even though I don't live there they annoy even me! hahaha