View Single Post
Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM

D'iala nodded, "I completely understand what you mean. Someone shouldn't be treated different because they have 'supernatural powers'" (here he made quotation marks with his fingers for the duration of the words) "or have wings or animal ears or something. It's unjust and down right cruel. But..."

He looked back at the entrance of the ally the demon had gone down, "But I did mean what I said. The demons here," he looked back at Nami, "The demons here used to live a bit past my temple in the forest - the townsfolk call them forest demons because of it - and, well, things haven't been looking to great for them as of late,"

"A while back, maybe five years or so ago, the forest demons had to move into or near the outskirts of town because of repeated attacks by a group of humanoids called Lizin - they're direct descendants of the dragons who use to live in this area,"

A few townsfolk glared at Nami as her and D'iala walked by, stopping at a store to pick up several rolls of cheese and spice covered bread. "When the demons first moved here, there were probably about a hundred of them. In those five years that have passed, nearly all of them have been killed in Lizin attacks, leaving twenty of them left. It's not that their weak!" he shook his head.

No, they weren't weak at all. In fact, they were probably fairly strong. "It's just that the Lizin are stronger then the demons - far, far stronger then them,"