View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 PM

As her friend laid bare her history, the younger woman moved behind the counter to grab herself a plate of delicious smelling pastries. Moving to sit near Riva, she bit into the flaky crust with wonder in her eyes. Cateline truly was young compared to her friend who'd already gone trough more then she ever would in her life. Hearing the things she'd passed trough at times made her wince, or smile slightly. Always sympathy and curiosity dueled for a place in the brunette's grey eyes.

Such a story that spanned so many years! And this was certainly only the surface of what Riva had lived trough. This revolution, certainly it was only one of many for her, and more she would live trough as well. The thought was a little frightening, and brought home all too strongly the differences between herself and her friend. Yet they were that, friends.

"Écoute moi. Listen to me, asking you such questions. My origins are far less of a story. I was born to a wind elemental and a part human water fae. They love each other truly, and live together still in the fae realms. Out of curiosity I left my home to come here, and haven't been disappointed though sometimes the songs of the wind call to me from the other place. The thrilling of the rivers here are nothing to the melodies I once knew, yet I wouldn't give up the life I've found here for the world." A life so full with interesting things! The fae realms were stuck in a strange kind of momentous monotony, as if as everything changed, things remained the same. Always the same factions fought, and always it was the same people wh who held all the power.

A minor personage such as herself could never dream to make a difference, whereas here in Cateline could do just that.