View Single Post
Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 AM

*noms on lovingly* =A= <3

How could I not think so? 8D <3

Actually, I've wanted takoyaki insanely badly for years, but they don't carry it here. ;o; We're actually new to Japanese. I've alllways wanted it but never had more than bento box sushi you can get from groceries stores and some they had at a big 'all nations cuisine' buffet a few towns over.

The sushi place just came to our small town recently and it's super hard to get into. But we took the plunge and made reservations on New Years Eve. It was so... lovely. The atmosphere was perfect. And I found it so refreshing they didn't have a drinks menu and just served matcha with our own personal pot and tiny cups. Is that weird? >_>; It made digesting so much easier and peaceful.

I mean... The servings were sooo big, too. @__@; We went in having been told they were expensive, but only spent 30 bucks and we had... Two pots of tea, a huge plate of age tofu, salad, miso soup, chicken teppanyaki (SO GOOD), and tempura vegetables (SO GOOD TOO~).

The staff was so pleasant, but I felt so embarrassed. I was the ONLY one in the entire place that couldn't use chopsticks. I struggled with Matt to teach me, but eventually the waitress politely brought a fork over and I hung my head. Hahah. XD;; It wasn't a big deal except there was this really snooty young couple. They were ordering all this daring food and the chick just kept glaring at me/rolling her eyes like I was such an idiot/gaijin (you were blonde haired and blue eyed, get over yourself D<)

But we had green tea and red bean icecream and so all was healed~.

Ahhh. /ramble

I have a love/hate relationship with cheese. XD Like, 'll have days where it repulses me and days I crave it like crazy. But I'm also really salt sensitive and allergic to dairy (which everyone ALWAYS frustratingly confuses as 'lactose intolerance' even after the allergist said it's much different). I could go for some 'laughing cow' something fierce though. @___@ So yummy.

I want to go back and get some kappamaki, personally. <3

Such a sweet sushi~. Hopefully with the extension I'll manage. XD